A tough prayer request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tough prayer request

One of my first classified deals almost 10 years ago I met this fellow at a filling station midway for both of us. We drank a soda and swapped stories for a couple hours. In that first meeting it was just almost who could tell the better story without fibbing, almost. We had a great deal in common but were completely different at the same right down to him preferring stick and string while I preferred a cam and cable.

Over the years I would meet up with Chris “Thumper” Flinn several times at that old station and even though some time had past we seamed to always pick right up where we left off. About six months ago I receive a text asking to get together and we scheduled a meet but this time I would be going to him instead of our usual place. Having some time to kill the drive was very pleasant and I looked forward to swapping more stories with my “old” friend.

I sent him a text as requested fifteen minutes out and he asked if I would check a weather proof box at the gate for a package and to bring it up with me if it had arrived. I eagerly complied and walked up to the door where I was greeted by someone I didn’t recognize, that is until he spoke greetings. Mercy, my friend was is rough shape! I followed him in and after he had caught his breath I learned what was going on and what all had transpired since our last meet. The story he told made me both saddened and thankful for the blessings in my life.

It was recently asked what TBH is for you, well, for some it is nothing more than a place to be a keyboard jerk living in their parents basement at forty while others it is a place to connect with “family”. If you ask me, Chris falls into the latter and as such I ask that you keep him in your thoughts and prayers. None of us can escape or are immune from death and the older we get the more we think about our own departure. I know for a fact Chris thinks of this more and more with every passing hour as his medications are being adjusted for comfort.

I struggle with asking everyone to pray for an Agape healing or for peace and comfort as our brother nears standing in the presence of God? I apologize for taking so long to post this request but I promised Chris I would keep everything private until he said otherwise. Yesterday as I collected a few things to sell here on his behalf it really hit me, it makes no difference if you live in a cardboard box or a thousand acre ranch, at the end you cannot take it with you.

“God, thank you for being with us right now. We confess that we don’t understand why things happen the way they do. We don’t understand why illness comes into our lives, but we do know that you walk every path of life with us. Remind Chris that you are walking with him right now. Remind Chris that you love him, no matter what he is going through. I also pray for Chris’s family. God, we thank you that you never leave us, that you never forsake us, but you love us. We trust you, and pray this in your name. Amen.”
    Last edited by Brazos Hunter; 01-13-2021, 04:35 AM.

Thank you for sharing your/his story. Prayers sent

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Thank you Michael!!

Prayers sent up for Chris & family!!

Ron

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Praying

Comment

Aw man...I hate to read this. Prayer sent up!

Comment

Prayer sent^

Comment

Prayers going up.

Comment

Tough read...great guy / member. Had no idea.

knee mails...

<><

Comment

Prayers up. I met him for a tbh express and talked for a good while. Great guy. He tpld me what was going on and I wished there was more I could do.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers up. He’s fortunate to have you as a friend. God bless

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers up for his healing.

Comment

Working...
                              X