Gunsmith Houston Recs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gunsmith Houston Recs?

I have a 12G Beretta Extrema that needs the trigger mechanism worked on or potentially replaced. Anyone have a gunsmith recomendation?

Thanks fellas!

Replaced would be a stretch. Dad and I have berettas that saw salt work for 20 years and still run perfect. What's it doing?

Felands is the only place for shotgun work IMO. Quicker and friendlier than the other place

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Match Grade Arms on Treshwieg in Spring. Same street as Carters Country.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

[/B]][/B]
        Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Replaced would be a stretch. Dad and I have berettas that saw salt work for 20 years and still run perfect. What's it doing?

Felands is the only place for shotgun work IMO. Quicker and friendlier than the other place

I went duck hunting prob 12 years ago in the salt marsh and forgot to clean it afterwards. Pulled it out several years later and the trigger wont fire.

Comment

Originally posted by smitgonhunting View Post
          [/B]][/B]

I went duck hunting prob 12 years ago in the salt marsh and forgot to clean it afterwards. Pulled it out several years later and the trigger wont fire.
          Ouch.

New springs at a minimum I'm sure. The housing itself is aluminum I think on an extrema. Wouldnt be surprised if larry had the parts in stock

Comment

Gunsmith Houston Recs?

There’s no one better than Steve West at AccuSmith.

This dude seriously knows more about shotguns than anyone I’ve ever talked to. Its Crazy. And great guy to boot! He took a very sentimental Citori of mine and completely remade it better than new. I had to buy another so it could stay in the safe!

Steve is the only person I’d take a shotgun to.

Tell him Chuy sent ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Felands.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Match Grade Arms on Treshwieg in Spring. Same street as Carters Country.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

This ^^^^ was gonna be my recommendation as well. Texas Archery, Match Grade, and Carters Country are all on Treaschwig Rd
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 12-14-2020, 05:58 AM.

Comment

The triggers on the Beretta autos are pretty simple. If you have any mechanical skills at all you can fix it yourself I'm sure. I've rebuilt several Beretta triggers on the tailgate of my mule during competitions throughout the years. If you need parts, call Cole gunsmithing or go to their website at coleguns.com. They should have any parts that need replacing. Brownells should have parts too.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                    The triggers on the Beretta autos are pretty simple. If you have any mechanical skills at all you can fix it yourself I'm sure. I've rebuilt several Beretta triggers on the tailgate of my mule during competitions throughout the years. If you need parts, call Cole gunsmithing or go to their website at coleguns.com. They should have any parts that need replacing. Brownells should have parts too.

Dave
                    Coles is a solid group of people. The amount of time they spend on kids during SALE is amazing. And rarely charge for minor stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                      There’s no one better than Steve West at AccuSmith.

This dude seriously knows more about shotguns than anyone I’ve ever talked to. Its Crazy. And great guy to boot! He took a very sentimental Citori of mine and completely remade it better than new. I had to buy another so it could stay in the safe!

Steve is the only person I’d take a shotgun to.

Tell him Chuy sent ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I followed this guy on FB when I was still on there and, yes, he does incredible work.

Comment

Les Freer guns smith in Houston Spring Branch Area

Comment

For shotguns I like to use Briley in Houston.

Comment

I second that on Briley Guns on Lumpkin St. I-10 W by Beltway 8. Great customer service and very honest people to work with

Comment

I have a beretta at Briley right now. They are beretta gurus and really easy to work with.

Comment

Working...
                              X