Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for dead coyote

Hello,
    Dang coyotes keep getting my chickens. Actually have nest cam footage of two of them in my yard. Luckily our rooster has been doing his job and a sacrificing himself... we’re down to only two hens. My wife is MAD! I’m going to trun some traps this weekend.

My fiend suggested we hang a dead coyote in a tree. It always worked for him as a kid. So I’m wondering if anyone has a dead coyote in a freezer or has seen a roadkill. Please let me know! I’m in Bulverde but will travel anywhere around San Antonio to get one.

Save a chicken - kill a coyote

-Chase

Well that’s one of the more odd requests I’ve seen on here.

Good luck. I will be watching the roadsides.

Comment

Or if they're super hungry they'll tear it down and eat it too.

Comment

Gonna smell sweet!!

Comment

Have gun will travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kill said coyote and then you will have a dead one

Comment

Stick an old bobcat mount out there and see what they do, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                Or if they're super hungry they'll tear it down and eat it too.
                Truth! Had one ate out of a fence snare last week! Told the rancher he was in good shape, the coyotes turned cannabil and quit eatin' sheep! Don't think he believed it though! (The quit eatin' sheep part)

Comment

Kept chickens here in Cypress for many years. Almost every animal loves a chicken dinner. I pretty much had to become a full time trapper. Mostly raccoons and possums.

But would regularly get coyotes and red and grey foxes also. Got them in leg traps and wire snares. I would alternate. Ran leg traps for a while, then put away the leg traps and run wire snares for a while.

More misses with snares but I don't think they get snare shy and they just think it is a random vine on a miss. A few misses with the steel trap snapping at them and they can for sure get trap shy.

Have lots of owls and hawks. Lost a few to owls but not a big problem with the owls because the chicken are in the coop at night when the owls are hunting. Hawks being day hunters were pretty rough on the chicken population. Had a Banty rooster and a small hawk fight to a draw, found them both dead. Also on several occasions had a problem with neighborhood cats developing a taste for chicken.

Had goats too for a while, Those coyotes like a goat dinner almost as well as a chicken dinner.
                  Last edited by texasair; 12-01-2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I don’t know.
                    What’s the best distress call to play at night? Going out with my Bluetooth speaker tonight
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nobody’s heard of hanging a coyote in a tree? Or are your fence! Lol

Comment

I hang dead coyotes, snakes and catfishheads on the fence. Only because my ancestors did.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                          Truth! Had one ate out of a fence snare last week! Told the rancher he was in good shape, the coyotes turned cannabil and quit eatin' sheep! Don't think he believed it though! (The quit eatin' sheep part)
                          I shot one a while back and shot one eating it the next day. I've skinned 10 so far and just threw their carcasses in a pile in a spot I dispose of stuff like that and I saw a coyote run up out of there last week. Not one dead coyote laying there when I went and checked it out. Just a bare spot where they were laying the grass was kinda discolored and one coyote leg a little ways off from there but that was it.

Must be hurtin for groceries pretty bad I figure. And also I've noticed any skunk I've shot was gone by the next day. Come nightfall those coyotes must be searching out skunks to eat.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 12-01-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cmeadors View Post
                            Nobody’s heard of hanging a coyote in a tree? Or are your fence! Lol

I have ... see it occasionally driving the back roads. But I’ve always thought it was an old wives tail, stanky and ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by cmeadors View Post
                              I don’t know.
                              What’s the best distress call to play at night? Going out with my Bluetooth speaker tonight
                              Rabbit should work any time of day. Or night rather........it should work any time. Guess that's a better way to put it.

Comment

Working...
                              X