Predator Hunting gun info and WTB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator Hunting gun info and WTB

Looking for info on what y’all think the best caliber for predator hunting is. If anyone happens to have a loaded out gun for sale too let me know. Got some Venmo money burning a hole in my pocket.

I’d personally go with a 22-250. Very accurate and deadly

Comment

hard to beat the 22-250,, but it does kinda depend on where also,, not a huge fan of the 243 as a deer gun, but it is awesome for everything under that!

Comment

Used to use a 243 when I lived down south.

Finally got a 22-250. That’s what I take now.

Comment

6 cm for me and 243

Comment

All of the above for sure..Me personally,.222rem

Comment

I save fur so I like the .223 but I use a 22-250 also. My brother shoots a .243 and it does a fine job putting them down. It all depends on what you're looking to get out of it. If you save pelts a .223 or .204 would be my top choices. If not then a .243,6.5 Creedmoor or pretty much any rifle you hunt deer with will work.

Also kind of depends how far you're looking to shoot too. You don't necessarily need a 22-250 if you're only going to be shooting out to 200 yards.

I'd also take ammo availability into account since things are the way they are. Not a good time to own anything everyone else owns.
              Last edited by okrattler; 11-18-2020, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I’ve been looking at something for predator hunting myself lately and have been leaning towards the .224 Valkyrie. It was built for the AR platform but there’s a few manufacturers making it in a bolt action now.It can really reach out there and has plenty of power for predators and is a really accurate round.I was watching a guy plinking with one on YouTube at a little over 2100 yards today.

Comment

22-250 or 243 would be my choice all day long.

Comment

As OKRattler said. Finding ammo is going to be your hardest part. If you are saving pelts then go with the smallest caliber possible. 223/5.56 or the .204 Ruger. Larger calibers like the 243 are nice to have if a hog steps out. Buy something threaded also for a suppressor.

Comment

Really depends on what type of predator, whats the expected shot distance, save hides or no. I use a few different rifles. Up tight and close up to 100 yards the 22 hornet gets my vote. Night calling I use a 223 with a heavier bullet to drive through sage and cedar bush. In semi open areas. Flat open wheat fields where shots can be 3-400 yards a 22-250 cant hang with a 243 or 240 wby. Loaded with the varmint loads they are Coyote death rays.

Comment

I’ve used a 22-250 for years and will be using a .243 this season.

Comment

If I am strictly predator hunting I go with a .224V

Comment

Comment

I have a 22-250 with a night vision scope on it. It’s a critter gitter

Comment

Working...
                              X