28” Blackstone for camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28” Blackstone for camping

I’m thinking about getting this Adventure Ready 28” Blackstone for the house but curious how well it travels? The legs fold up for “easy travel” but curious if anyone on here has one and takes it on camping trips. I know they make a 22” as well. We have one at the ranch, I’m wanting something a little bigger but still not a huge pain in the rear to take with us a few times a year.

We have the smallest one, took it once and never made the list again. It's not bad just clunky and not nearly as useful as a plain propane stove.

Comment

I can't speak to the portability of that one as I have the 36" and it's likely not leaving the deck.

I do have an 18" griddle that fits nicely gas burner or stove. I think I'd haul that thing around before I'd collapse and pack a 28" blackstone

Comment

We have the 28 that we take- the frame folds and rides in the back of the truck. The top goes in it’s carrying bag in the camper. Haven’t made every trip but where there are several family’s on the trip it really comes in handy.

Comment

We have a 28” that’s goes every camping trip. We bought a travel trailer last year and I told the wife I didn’t want it cooked in so we bought the blackstone. So far we’ve camped probably 15 times and we cook every breakfast and dinner on it. We don’t fold it, we just load in back of truck and put the top in a carry bag. We also bought hose with quick disconnect fitting to plug into trailer so we don’t have to carry extra propane bottles.

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s guys. I’m going to go ahead and pick one up at Walmart today.

Comment

I have a Blackstone that stays home and we use this one on at camp:

Shop Blue Rhino Razor 1-Burner Liquid Propane Flat Top Grill in the Flat Top Grills department at Lowe's.com. Cook up to 20 burgers at a time, fry up some eggs, sizzle some bacon or even do stir fry…all with the versatile Razor™ portable griddle grill by

I have the adapter to use a big bottle, it’s easy to carry and easy to clean. Can’t say enough good things about it.

Comment

While the Blackstones are great, I really like the versatility of this for camping. Three burners. The griddle and one burner can be used at the same time and the griddle is easily removed so that all three burners are available.

Comment

Its a pain to take the 28" portable. IMO its too small for full time deck use, and too big to be portable. Plus once it gets seasoned, its kinda a nasty mess to be moving. For camping I'm a fan of a portable stove and pots/pans. Just easier to keep clean!

Comment

I’ve got a 17” Blackstone that we took on our honeymoon, as well as a handful of other camping trips. Our honeymoon was a 5400 mile national park road trip that we camped the majority. I like it a lot as long as we’re truck camping. It fits perfectly in one of my camp totes, so it’s easy to store in the bed and keep semi clean. Anything else would be too large to figure out storage, as well as not near as handy. I think if I had bought a larger one it would get left at the house instead. The 17” is large enough to cook for 4 easily. It would suck for cooking for more though.

Comment

We just bought a fifth wheel that came with the 22". Haven't got to use it yet, but seems like a good size to cook on and pack.

Comment

We store our 28" Blackstone folded in the cargo compartment of the Travel Trailer in the original box and use it for breakfast and dinner daily while camping. I kept the box and cut a slot out where the handle protrudes outside the box this actually helps when carrying, the griddle itself is stored in a separate zip cover and placed on the bottom of the cargo hold I then place a sheet of cardboard on top of the covered griddle so that when I slide the griddle box in on top of the the covered griddle it slides easily. it's one of the first things to be setup upon arrival to a new campsite. I clean it after each meal wipe any mess up from spattering or spillage place the cover over it and its good to go for the next meal, never a mess. For gas supply I simply remove one of the bottles from the front of the trailer, locate it next to the griddle and attach it and you're ready to cook.

Comment

Just bought this 22” for our camping trips. Just got it seasoned and used once at the house. The legs slide up and fold in making it pretty compact. IMO it has just enough cook space. Wouldn’t wanna go any smaller for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

my wife brought home the 22" table top blackstone last week. I seasoned it and cook on it a couple nights ago. I always keep the box stuff like this come in for storage on camping trips. This one will be easy to carry along on camping trip, and has plenty of room to cook anything we will be making

Comment

We have a 22” Blackstone for the trailer, works well for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X