Looking for Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Property

I can check all the normal websites but I thought I would post here as well. We are in the process of selling our place and I'm looking for the next one. I wanted to reach out to the green screen to see if there are any places I'm missing.

Acreage: Looking for 150 acres min; ideally something closer to 200
    Utilities: Water/Electric on-site or readily available
    Budget: around $650k
    Use: Hunting/recreation. Ideally with creek, pond or water .

I think that you may have trouble with the last criteria (water) in your size and budget ranges, but there are gems out there.
    When I was looking I found what we wanted in Kimble county. That is right on the edge of your drive time, depending on what part of Houston you are coming from. I am from further east and it takes me 6.5-7 hours depending on how I make it through Houston.

Good luck in your search.
    Tim

Comment

What are yall selling?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
        I think that you may have trouble with the last criteria (water) in your size and budget ranges, but there are gems out there.
        When I was looking I found what we wanted in Kimble county. That is right on the edge of your drive time, depending on what part of Houston you are coming from. I am from further east and it takes me 6.5-7 hours depending on how I make it through Houston.

Good luck in your search.
        Tim
        Thanks. I'm not in a rush so hoping the right thing comes along.

Comment

I am looking for the same thing.
          There is a 200 acre place in Bigfoot area for 700k that looks nice. It used to be a pecan orchard. A little out of my range though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
            There is a 200 acre place in Bigfoot area for 700k that looks nice. It used to be a pecan orchard. A little out of my range though.
            Do you have a link?

Comment

also look at
              https://www.landsofamerica.com/prope...Texas/9417921/
              split it?

Comment

That second place is nice; just about double my budget though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                  I've been eyeballing that place for a while. It's been on the market for a long time. Asking price is high IMHO.

Comment

150 acres minimum and $650k eliminates alot of Texas.

But you can still find a very nice place. Good luck

Comment

I've been eyeballing that place for a while. It's been on the market for a long time. Asking price is high IMHO.
                      That whole area near SA is high.

I think the trick would be to find a larger place and split it 2-3 ways. The cost per acre goes way down.
                      For instance, there is a 600 acre place near Tilden asking $3300/acre and the 322 acre place in Charlotte is $3600/acre

Comment

I'm a ranch broker and work that area.

I can help you out. I'm familiar with both places Dave W mentioned....the 322 is under contract

Comment

Hey there’s a place I actually almost bought to build a house on. The big negative is there is a pad site on the very south end of property however access to it (pad site) is off the neighbor. Bigger places next to it and lots of Oaks, mesquite good variety. Some of the runoff creeks drain down to the Atascosa River great area to build a few tanks. Easement to Property, 137 acres and I think it’s still around 545,000. Water and electric next door, so available. Look up McCoy, Texas just south of Pleasanton on lands of Texas. Just a few miles SE, if you dont have anybody give me a shout would love to help, or go get her.

That txtrophyhunter85 is a loose cannon. Lol. But seriously he’s a good guy to work with as well, we just did a nice place out in Goliad.
                          Last edited by John Paul; 04-15-2021, 05:52 PM.

Comment

You don’t get 200 acres but you get access to 1500 acres of green space at https://preserveatwalnutsprings.com/ outside of Johnson City. You can hunt there too during deer season.

If interested- I can put you in touch with ranch manager
                            Last edited by Masmak; 04-15-2021, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X