Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is an app on IPhone that has the zones

Comment

what attachment would ya need to use the drone to drop baits for fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        What does the Mavic Air 2 have that makes it twice as good as the Mavic Mini?

I'm really really ignorant on this topic.

How long does it take to learn to fly one of these drones?
        Not long at all. Super easy. My old man got my 8 YO a Mavic Mini. The flight time is good to 20 min or so. I suggest getting the 3 bank charger with extra batteries. You can charge the controller or phone or whatever devices off the bank as long as a battery is inserted and has charge. If youre around alot of trees, I suggest the blade cage.

The Mini as probably most drones... gets hot quick in the sun. It will automatically shut down or not operate if the internal temp gets too high. I try to get my son to launch from a shaded spot but free of overhead obstacles.

Also...my phone lives in an otterbox and does not come out except for cleaning. The controller plug for the iphone is too shallow for an otter box. I have an iphone port extender cord I purchased for a thermal reader that we use for the phone to controller connection. The phone in the otterbox fits the controller phone grabber arms just barely...but works fine.

We keep everything mentioned in a range bag and it travel well.

I think you wont be disappointed RR.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Was looking at this one

But will I need to purchase other stuff to go with it? How long will batteries last before needing to be replaced?
          That's a great drone. I have the DJI Mavik Air 2. I do have a DJI Phantom that I will sell for 250.00 has extra batteries, case etc. I am in Round Rock and I go to Leander often as I am a real estate appraiser so we could meet up and you can check it out if you are interested. Google it.

Comment

Man are you wanting to use this in an unpopulated area or what’s the plan? Reason I ask is 5000 feet is a long way off. Depending on lots of factors you may not get that kind of range.

Comment

Jr. A wooden cloths pin works.

Comment

Does anyone know which DJI drones have obstacle avoidance ?

Comment

dang, makes me want a drone for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                    The mini does not have it.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                      Mini 2 has only downward sensing.

Air 2 has forward, backward and downward sensing.

2 Pro has sensing in every direction (up, down, forward, backward, side to side).

DJI technology empowers us to see the future of possible. Learn about our consumer drones like DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mini 4 Pro, DJI Air 3. Handheld products like Osmo Action 4 and Pocket 2 capture smooth photo and video. Our Ronin camera stabilizers and Inspire drones are professional cinematography tools.

That's just the Mavic line. They have other drones.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        Jr. A wooden cloths pin works.

That’s what I would try to use lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          Not long at all. Super easy. My old man got my 8 YO a Mavic Mini. The flight time is good to 20 min or so. I suggest getting the 3 bank charger with extra batteries. You can charge the controller or phone or whatever devices off the bank as long as a battery is inserted and has charge. If youre around alot of trees, I suggest the blade cage.

The Mini as probably most drones... gets hot quick in the sun. It will automatically shut down or not operate if the internal temp gets too high. I try to get my son to launch from a shaded spot but free of overhead obstacles.

Also...my phone lives in an otterbox and does not come out except for cleaning. The controller plug for the iphone is too shallow for an otter box. I have an iphone port extender cord I purchased for a thermal reader that we use for the phone to controller connection. The phone in the otterbox fits the controller phone grabber arms just barely...but works fine.

We keep everything mentioned in a range bag and it travel well.

I think you wont be disappointed RR.
                          Hoovering too long in full sunlight shuts down my Mini due to overheating.
                          Has about 18 minutes of battery life just long enough for me to crash the thing. The package deal with extra batteries and prop guard cage is the way to buy.
                          I too have problems with the phone cord being almost too short.

Comment

Working...
                          X