Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amber alert will scare the hell out of every deer in the county.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amber alert will scare the hell out of every deer in the county.

as I was sitting in a tree stand, minding my own business watching the whitetail waitin on a turkey or axis.

All of a sudden the &@#%# amber alert started screaming from my phone.

Every deer in the county hauled butt before I could turn the dang thing off. it was on vibrate with the sound off.

So, I turned the phone back on and put it on "mute" same dang thing happened. Screw it. I went to camp and made breakfast.

I need to figure out how to turn off Amber alerts in the field.

this alert was from Waco...I was close to Kerrville.

Plan accordingly folks.

You can turn it off

Comment

Here you go
      Attached Files

Comment

settings, notifcations, go to the bottom. Amber alerts, Emergency Alerts and Public Safety Alerts. you can turn off/on from there.

Comment

And check it ever so often...because I turned mine off as soon as I activated my phone last year, and several months ago it went off and scared the bejeebies out of me I mute my phone and it only vibrates, except for alarms that I set. So it was an extra shock when the alert came through

Comment

Getcha one of these to silence your phone. Works great.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone know the statistics of successful recoveries due to someone seeing the alert?

Comment

Originally posted by HubCityThumper View Post
                Here you go

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Anyone know the statistics of successful recoveries due to someone seeing the alert?
                  17% as a direct result.

Comment

I just check them to see if a Silver Alert comes out and I gotta come look for you or Burnadell

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      I don’t know.I always kinda half paid attention to them especially when they were far away.But last summer I saw DPS make an arrest right in front of me on I 10 In Beaumont from a guy running from San Antonio with a kid.I started paying attention to them a little better ever since.

Comment

But worth it.

Sux to ruin a hunt but if the right person hears it, it could be a life saver.

Comment

fisrt thing i do is turn that stuff off

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                            Sux to ruin a hunt but if the right person hears it, it could be a life saver.

Agreed. If it was my kid, I’d be grateful for anyone paying attention. The alerts are bothersome, but when you stop to think about why they’re issued in the first place, it’s tragic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amber alert is pretty dramatic. I've had it go off in the middle of meetings and it can be quite funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X