Mason county courthouse on fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
    thats crazy he's on facebook live running from the po po. Hope they catch him quickly.

I remember when the Hill county courthouse burned down. It was basically just a stone shell that was left. It was rebuilt and looked like new. Willie Nelson had a concert on the square to help pay for the rebuild. He said he had spent a few nights in the jail there so he thought he should do something to help rebuild it. The wife and I got married in the temporary courthouse they had while rebuilding. It was an old piggly wiggly. that was almost 27 years ago.
    I was a Trooper in Hill County when that happened and was working that night. I was second on scene and it was already too late. I watched that building burn to the ground. So many of the townspeople were there watching and many had tears streaming down their faces.

I'm glad Mason had all their records off site. Hill County didn't and they all burned up.

Very sad.

Comment

What a shame.
      One of the things I love about Texas is the old courthouse architecture in the small towns. They are such beautiful structures.

Comment

Nick used to work for a buddy of mine. Said he was a wreck when the dope kicked in.

Comment

My son and I were headed west on 29 this morning and passed 7 or 8 unmarked Chevy Z71’s with lights hauling azz east...

Comment

Man that sucks. One of the coolest town squares I've ever seen in Texas.

Comment

He was supposed to have a custody hearing today, and knew the way it’d go. I don’t know him, but I have many friends that do and they all say the same thing. He definitely is not the best individual. His ex and kids were on lockdown with police until he was apprehended. Glad no one was injured.

Comment

Spent nearly my entire life seeing that building going through Mason. Still do. Hang that sack of chit

Comment

Just caught up with this. Man, that's so sad. I've made many trips around that courthouse square over the years.

Comment

I heard about it on the radio. Terribly sad that someone would do that. Building was 170+ years old.

I hope when they rebuild it they keep the same architectural design.

Comment

Thats sad, it was such a beautiful old courthouse.

Comment

Terrible loss for Mason County. Hoping they can rebuild something close to what they had.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                          thats crazy he's on facebook live running from the po po. Hope they catch him quickly.

I remember when the Hill county courthouse burned down. It was basically just a stone shell that was left. It was rebuilt and looked like new. Willie Nelson had a concert on the square to help pay for the rebuild. He said he had spent a few nights in the jail there so he thought he should do something to help rebuild it. The wife and I got married in the temporary courthouse they had while rebuilding. It was an old piggly wiggly. that was almost 27 years ago.
                          I remember it well and I was at that concert! I was on the rodeo team at Hill College.

Comment

Shame. I liked driving thru Mason. I'm not down that way near enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                              He was supposed to have a custody hearing today, and knew the way it’d go. I don’t know him, but I have many friends that do and they all say the same thing. He definitely is not the best individual. His ex and kids were on lockdown with police until he was apprehended. Glad no one was injured.
                              His actions obviously reflect he was not stable/rational and his past behaviors caused him to know he was going to lose his kids. Poor kids will always have to know what their father did to the community, and grow up with their father in prison for his actions, asuming he is guilty. Just a sad situation for the community and his family. I sure love the Mason County Courthouse square, like others have said, I hope they can rebuild it.

Comment

I love so many of the small towns in the Hill Country, but Mason is my favorate. I just seem to like everyone I meet from Mason. Great schools and sports teams. The little town square just makes me feel like at least some parts of this country are still normal.
                                Hated to hear the news about the court house, but knowing the people there, I imagine it will be built back quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X