No announcement yet.

Anyone seen this? Disgusting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never said he shouldn’t be held accountable for his actions or that I condoned them, what I said was there might have been a reason as to why it happened. Members on here are always saying and condoning violence all the time but that’s ok right? I didn’t say because he was Mexican he was being targeted by any member on here either I asked what would it have been if it was a white athlete that had done that. Why is that so hard to understand? Do I know the kid did wrong? Yes I do, do I believe the ref had fault to the kids actions? Yes I do. Just because I am from edinburg doesn't mean I am related to him or even know who he is jeez!! Why would I be blackballed from the site, it’s a conversational thread about something that happened that people are chiming in and expressing their opinions and thoughts nothing more and nothing less. Since I’m not agreeing 100% with the members I am the problem now. Wow...

Comment

From news source in Edinburg

=============
      "UPDATE (6 P.M.)

A few dozen members of the Edinburg High football team gathered at city hall on Friday afternoon in Edinburg to petition the city and school district for the right to play the bi-district playoff game that the team qualified for by virtue of its win over PSJA High on Thursday night.

Edinburg CISD, meanwhile, released an updated statement late Friday afternoon

“The district’s Interim Superintendent, after consulting with senior University Interscholastic League (UIL) officials, and with the district’s legal counsel, has decided to remove the Edinburg High School football team from the playoffs after an unexpected incident involving a student-athlete and a game official that occurred during a football game on December 3, 2020. We extend a sincere apology to the referee and his family. On behalf of the Edinburg CISD Board of Trustees and administration, we apologize to the athletes, staff, and our school community,” the Edinburg school district said in a written statement. “We will take the appropriate disciplinary action once we understand the facts and circumstances underlining this incident. The district takes these matters very seriously; however, we cannot comment further on a pending investigation until such investigation is complete.

“The UIL has made it clear to Interim Superintendent Gilbert Garza Jr. that UIL would have removed the football team from the playoffs if the district did not withdraw the team. Under Texas law and district policy, the interim superintendent was authorized to move forward with the decision. Mr. Garza has confirmed this after consulting with the district’s legal counsel.”

The UIL and TASO both released written statements of their own early Friday, in addition to one from UIL Executive Director Dr. Charles Breithaupt, addressing Thursday night’s on-field incident that occurred during the Bobcats’ District 31-6A zone play-in game against PSJA High.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available."
      Last edited by wellingtontx; 12-04-2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
        do I believe the ref had fault to the kids actions? Yes I do.....

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
          Buckle up folks!
          “Military the only way”
          Ooops wrong viral thread!
          Maybe the kid will get on the right path during the 10 days of complete darkness and martial law we are about to enter.

Comment

What’s wrong from our area? It can happen anywhere wife and family saw it live last night when they went to see the game. That ref goes on power trips and has been requested to have different refs for games besides him he got it coming
            I suppose the ref at the soccer game the previous year was also going on power trips? Once a thug........well, you know the rest.

Comment

I played HS baseball and was a catcher. I got heckled all the time by plate ump & had an opponent try a steal home & he lowered the boom on me. I did hang on to the ball but he was not only out & ejected from the game for that incident.

I just laughed off the heckling & smiled after getting plowed over

I never lost my cool & new better than to retaliate. Didn’t even cross my mind

I’m not saying I’m better than others but I will say society would be a much more peaceful place if we swallowed our pride & didn’t retaliate to that level
              Humility, patience, compassion & self control go a long way

Comment

I will be at the deer lease without internet
                Try and carry on without my worldly insight
                Until I may once again return!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Coach has a history of dirty coaching fwiw...
                  Yeah half the guys condemning this kid to the death penalty cheer on the wife beaters and teenager rapists in the NFL.
                  Funny thing how values vary.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                    I will be at the deer lease without internet
                    Try and carry on without my worldly insight
                    Until I may once again return!
                    Are you going to your regular lease or your big fancy out of state deer lease?

Comment

I never said he shouldn’t be held accountable for his actions or that I condoned them, what I said was there might have been a reason as to why it happened. Members on here are always saying and condoning violence all the time but that’s ok right? I didn’t say because he was Mexican he was being targeted by any member on here either I asked what would it have been if it was a white athlete that had done that. Why is that so hard to understand? Do I know the kid did wrong? Yes I do, do I believe the ref had fault to the kids actions? Yes I do. Just because I am from edinburg doesn't mean I am related to him or even know who he is jeez!! Why would I be blackballed from the site, it’s a conversational thread about something that happened that people are chiming in and expressing their opinions and thoughts nothing more and nothing less. Since I’m not agreeing 100% with the members I am the problem now. Wow...
                      You just don’t get it!!! There is absolutely no reason at all for what he did!!!!! I don’t care what the ref did!!!And if he was white, I would say they same thing. And also can you tell me where members are condoning violence???

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          White opinions? Are you making this a race issue? That's some world class bull**** if it is.

This is about right and wrong... no color involved. Simple as that. RGV, Southlake Carrol or on f'in Mars.

I couldn’t agree with you more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I think all the other players need to take up a collection to help the kid out! He’s gonna take the rap and now all they’ll have to do is look mean at the ref. and he’ll straighten up and act right!
                            Other than that I ain’t got an opinion, I wasn’t there, it’s not my place. We all have to live with our decisions, right or wrong, good or bad. You’re the only person that can draw the line as to what you as a person will tolerate, regardless of what anyone else does or thinks of it.

Comment

Should have been done with HS sports after the soccer incident. Deserves the charges against him, hopefully he will learn by it.

Comment

Does not matter if this Ref called this kid, his family and Mom everything vile in the book, what he did was unacceptable and what he is receiving is absolutely deserved.

Looks like the coach is maybe partly to blame with a lack of control considering he knew what this kid was about (2019 suspension from soccer) but decided his worth to the team and the season was worth something like this happening. The Ad and this coach might have to be looking for a job in the not to distant future dependent on further investigation.

Looks like this episode and video has made every national news channel in the world. Even on ESPN!

It will be interesting to see if any University offers this kid a scholarship in any sport! Sty tuned.

Comment

Working...
                                X