Looking for reviews of ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for reviews of ...

I found a couple of boxes of ammo at Academy and Bass Pro today and picked up the last 2 boxes of each. I have no experience with either as of yet but curious as to what you all think.

Hornady Superformance, 300 Win mag, 180 gr., SST

Hornady Black, 6.5 Creedmoor, 140 gr., BTHP.

Thanks

My son shoots less than 1 moa with the black. No animals yet so can't claim any performance there.

Comment

The superperformance seems to be finicky. Some guns it shoots great, some it just does ok. It’s all I shoot out of my .270 and the wounds are massive.

The black is specifically designed for ARs(black guns), but can shoot fine out of bolt action too. 3/4moa out of my .308. They are not supposed to be used with larger game, but someone people do and have good results. I personally tried it on one buck and the bullet splattered on the rib cage. He only ran 40 or so yards, but not the performance I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        The superperformance seems to be finicky. Some guns it shoots great, some it just does ok. It’s all I shoot out of my .270 and the wounds are massive.

The black is specifically designed for ARs(black guns), but can shoot fine out of bolt action too. 3/4moa out of my .308. They are not supposed to be used with larger game, but someone people do and have good results. I personally tried it on one buck and the bullet splattered on the rib cage. He only ran 40 or so yards, but not the performance I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I don’t shoot a 6.5, but I shoot plenty of the Black BTHPs out of my 6 Creed and 223. The 108s and 75. I’ve killed far more than my share of hogs with them, and a handful of coyotes. I have yet to regret their performance on either.

Comment

Thanks guys! I won the 6.5 recently and was thinking of using it for my coyote / hog / ???, rifle.

Comment

I Shoot 140 gr hornady black BTHP with my bolt action 6.5 CM. Great performance on deer.

Comment

I shot 3 shot groups of .269" and .279" at 100 yds with Hornady Black 6.5. Also .796" and 1" groups at 200 yds. Hornady recommends limiting to 50# animals.

Comment

Working...
              X