Want to see your Dark chocolate colored cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sendit View Post
    I am not a professional but I can build some cabinets. It depends on what the cabinets are made from that will tell you whether or not they can be stained or painted. Good hardwoods such as maple and cherry can be stained or painted while cheaper plywood’s, mdf, poplar etc. are better suited for painting.

A simple google search such as “ dark brown painted kitchen cabinets” (click on the images tab on top) will have many more pictures of what you are looking for.. You could also go to the S-W website and look at their browns.

I am building and painting cabinets as I type this but they are a darker blue.

Great info, thanks man- i found a swiss chocolate that I like

Comment

Ask your wife since she is the one making all the sandwiches.

Comment

Interesting---my wife mentioned that she would like to change our cabinet colors--to white/off white.

Comment

This Gel stain can be applied over primed cabinets

Gel wood stains are heavy-bodied and do not penetrate as deeply as liquid oil-based wipe-on stains, providing the deepest, richest colors of any oil-based stain.

Google Java cabinets to see some examples

You can also try dark chocolate from this one

A pre-mixed, low VOC, self-sealing interior/exterior mineral-based paint named for its low-luster sheen. So durable, it is a go-to finish for cabinets and furniture.
          Last edited by jomw10; 03-11-2021, 05:31 PM.

Comment

This is what i did over painted cabinets in the bath
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
              I like that color scheme- is espresso part of the Sherwin Williams line of pains?

Not sure. I can try and find out though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My friend, what you need in your life is an interior decorator who has connections everywhere who can get sanples to bring home into your lighting.

Comment

Get a color sample you might like. Let’s say you like “river rat brown” google search “river rat brown cabinets” and see what pulls up. If not much pulls up, chances are it’s not a popular color. Houzz has an app that is really great for finding colors. Search brown cabinets on the app and it will show you picture after picture of designs with break downs of all colors and selections. Good app for what you’re trying to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Here are mine as the house was being built. We have been in the house for 5 years and now the wife wants light colored cabinets, go figure.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
                      Here are mine as the house was being built. We have been in the house for 5 years and now the wife wants light colored cabinets, go figure.

Those look awesome- what color did you use?

Comment

Working...
                      X