Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Calling All GOF’s, Medicare ???’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling All GOF’s, Medicare ???’s

Here in the next month or so, I’ve got to sign up for Medicare so I’m looking for some insight from the TBH GOF’s due to their wisdom and experience in this area.

It looks like I’ll have to sign up for parts A & B, that seems simple enough but here lately I’ve been inundated with daily flyers, emails, phone calls and ads touting supplemental Medicare insurance for parts D-Z, or so it seems. It’s all confusing to me.

I’m sure that I’m going to get a supplemental insurance to cover what parts A&B don’t cover.
    So the question is, which one?
    Is one any better than another?
    Are there any warnings or pitfalls I need to watch out for?
    I have some pre existing conditions, does that affect what I can get?

Alright oh wise ones, fill me with knowledge.

Do your homework on the supplemental's to see which one better suits you. My wife has Humana and has better coverage than I do here at work.

Comment

I have a Humana Advantage plan. I think I pay 35.00 a month. Have been pleased with them.

Comment

Are you still working and have coverage there? Or, are you retired?

I turned 65 last month and I'm forgoing A&B till next year or so as I'm still working and get a decent amount added to my HSA from my company. Can't put into an HSA and be signed up for Medicare at same time.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          I have a Humana Advantage plan. I think I pay 35.00 a month. Have been pleased with them.
          What is your out of pocket max per year?

Comment

Your part D is prescription coverage which if you have chronic meds certainly would be worth it
            I’m not a GOF just yet but certainly interested in hearing feedback on this cause I’m headed in that direction

Comment

For all you that turn 65, YOU HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR MEDICARE.
              I got penalized because it didn't sign up within a certain time period.

Charged $467. I think you can delay to activation(not sure) but you need to sign up.

BTW, I'm no help, I'm still in a quandary a year later.

Comment

Our preference is Part A & B and regular Medicare Part G with Mutual of Omaha and Part D (prescription drug) also with Mutual of Omaha. The Advantage plans look and sound tempting and are less expensive, but can be problematic down the line. Our coverage has been awesome. Example....My wife got a total knee replacement in September. It did not cost us anything.....nothing out of pocket.

There is a company in Ft. Worth called Boomer Benefits. They are very helpful. They will counsel and help you.

There is no charge to you for their services. They are getting paid by the insurance companies. They will help you find the best, most economical plan for your needs. My wife uses them.

I had already got hooked up with any guy that does the same thing. He is great too and offers the same services. His name is Charles Bradshaw.

We help you understand how Medicare works and what your options are with Medicare so you can make a smart, well-informed Medicare choice for the rest of your life.

Both of these are Medicare experts.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                  For all you that turn 65, YOU HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR MEDICARE.
                  I got penalized because it didn't sign up within a certain time period.

Charged $467. I think you can delay to activation(not sure) but you need to sign up.

BTW, I'm no help, I'm still in a quandary a year later.
                  I contacted Medicare, SS , my company benefits people and have been told (and have it in writing from medicare.gov) that if I currently have coverage I do not have to sign up now and can keep adding to my HSA. I would have to stop adding at least 6 months before signing up or be penalized for the HSA contribution.

Are you saying this is not correct?

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    What is your out of pocket max per year?
                    Not real sure. I would have to go back and look at my last statement. It's not bad at least or me as I am on several meds two are expensive if I had to pay for them all by myself.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                      Are you still working and have coverage there? Or, are you retired?

I turned 65 last month and I'm forgoing A&B till next year or so as I'm still working and get a decent amount added to my HSA from my company. Can't put into an HSA and be signed up for Medicare at same time.
                      I retired back in December. Started the new year a free man. So to speak. ��
                      I had to sign up for some cheap insurance to cover me till June when I turn 65.
                      Last edited by Geezy Rider; 02-26-2021, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                        Our preference is Part A & B and regular Medicare Part G with Mutual of Omaha and Part D (prescription drug) also with Mutual of Omaha. The Advantage plans look and sound tempting and are less expensive, but can be problematic down the line. Our coverage has been awesome. Example....My wife got a total knee replacement in September. It did not cost us anything.....nothing out of pocket.

There is a company in Ft. Worth called Boomer Benefits. They are very helpful. They will counsel and help you.

There is no charge to you for their services. They are getting paid by the insurance companies. They will help you find the best, most economical plan for your needs. My wife uses them.

I had already got hooked up with any guy that does the same thing. He is great too and offers the same services. His name is Charles Bradshaw.

We help you understand how Medicare works and what your options are with Medicare so you can make a smart, well-informed Medicare choice for the rest of your life.

Both of these are Medicare experts.
                        I’ll check this out, thanks.

Comment

Wife nad I have the A&B and prescription coverage that cost us maybe $2 per prescription if that for generic. Supplemental we have Southern Guaranty Ins, which may be more expensive, but with all I have had to go thru with surgeries and Doctor visits, my costs have been ZERO at the hospital. Ins. covered everything!

We used a gentleman out of Winters for his expertise in Medicare and especially the supplemental. We got the best that was offered for what we needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Wife nad I have the A&B and prescription coverage that cost us maybe $2 per prescription if that for generic. Supplemental we have Southern Guaranty Ins, which may be more expensive, but with all I have had to go thru with surgeries and Doctor visits, my costs have been ZERO at the hospital. Ins. covered everything!

We used a gentleman out of Winters for his expertise in Medicare and especially the supplemental. We got the best that was offered for what we needed.
                            No out of pocket max or deductible?

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                              X