Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Resource to Determine Truck Trade Value

GS,
    Looking to see what the best resource is for trade value on trucks. I use to be in the car business 15 years ago and we used NADA (which was a secret back then). Are dealers still using NADA to determine trade value or is their a new system/model/platform that is being used ?

Any car dealers on here willing to share any of the latest “secrets” ? 😁

Appreciate any and all feedback.

From what I have seen, it's usually the low to middle range of the NADA value.

Comment

I haven't been in the mkt for a while, but like Edmonds "True Market Value" (TMV). Edmonds.com

Comment

I’ve actually been looking at vehicles on Autotrader and they use Kelly Blue Book the identify the value range. Cargurus uses Autocheck. Carfax uses Carfax, duh!

I think they’re all pretty close.

Comment

Carmax. They will make you an offer and put it in writing that will be better than any car lot. You can use that and see if they will match it. Most will come close and will probably even out with tax savings.

Comment

Seems to me that it depends on what the place you are trying to trade it in at has a need for. I bought my wife an Escape and I helped my Dad buy his F150 both of which ended up with my email address as the contact. I get an email about every other month from multiple dealerships on what they would give me trade in for the vehicle and it fluctuates up and down. Heck one time about a year into owning my wifes car they offered us almost as much as we paid for it. I am guessing thaty use these emails as bait to get you in and then give you all the reasons why they cant give you what they said in the email.

Comment

Here is what I will tell you about today’s used market
              I have two friends that are dealers so i get a lot of info. I’m currently looking for a a used truck form my daughter and it’s crazy.
              A 7-8 yr old truck (f150) with 130k miles is fetching Low to mid 20’s.
              My buddy talked to enterprise sales yesterday and they told him to expect another $2k jump real soon.
              Manufacturers are still behind due to covid and they will be making 20% fewer vehicles this year due to shortage of components

If you are shopping used good luck
              If you are selling used be bullish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nada is what we use and what all the banks we deal with use when writing loans

Comment

I’d look at several and go with highest as my starting bargaining point. Used car prices (in decent shape) are fetching premiums right now.

Comment

Plug your VIN into the iseecars.com site...

Was really helpful when I bought my last one in determining value of my trade

Comment

Texas direct auto if you take it somewhere for evaluation. Couple of times I have done that they offered a couple grand more than Carmax.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X