Diesel Truck plug in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    Read somewhere where it was only recommended to be plugged in at -10 degrees on the 6.7 Powerstroke.
    reaches -10*C or lower, . If you drive a diesel vehicle, you may need to plug in the engine block heater before temperatures drop that low.
    ((-10°C × 9/5) + 32 = 14°F)

Comment

My 18 F250 doesn’t have a plug, I guess it didn’t come from the factory with one. My old 6.0 I had to add a plug and it got hooked up anytime it was under 40 degrees or I’d be walking. My 14 had a plug that I never used. My new one doesn’t have one and I’m honestly not too worried about it. My last one started in Kansas in below zero weather without being plugged in. I just add some anti gel to the tank and keep trucking.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        Read somewhere where it was only recommended to be plugged in at -10 degrees on the 6.7 Powerstroke.

This is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
          My 18 F250 doesn’t have a plug, I guess it didn’t come from the factory with one. My old 6.0 I had to add a plug and it got hooked up anytime it was under 40 degrees or I’d be walking. My 14 had a plug that I never used. My new one doesn’t have one and I’m honestly not too worried about it. My last one started in Kansas in below zero weather without being plugged in. I just add some anti gel to the tank and keep trucking.

My 19 P’stroke is tucked in above the passenger side tow hook, have you looked up there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Diesel Truck plug in?

I watched a few YouTube video experiments, one I saw said all the warming was done after three hours. 2/3’s of it being done in the first hour. So if you have a timer that can kick on an hour or two or three before you leave for work you can save some money on your electric bill!

Had to buy the cable for my 17 super duty. Even if it doesn’t get to the ‘recommended temps’ by Ford surely it is easier on the engine

Comment

Man, I thought the plug comes standard. I’ve had one on every powerstroke I’ve owned since 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                Man, I thought the plug comes standard. I’ve had one on every powerstroke I’ve owned since 1997.

That’s what I thought too, but it seems that it depends where it was made. If it was special ordered and was going to the south they don’t always put them on. The one that I did add on my 2006 was a 20 minute job. Hoping it’s the same on these new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                  My 19 P’stroke is tucked in above the passenger side tow hook, have you looked up there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  I've had F350 PSDs since 1996, and plugged em in down the 20's usually. They all came with the heater plug. Sometimes had to cycle the glow plugs a cpl times.

I crawled all over/under my '17 F350, the other day and it doesn't have a plug. It supposed to be connected at the back freeze-plug on the passenger side, just above the starter and run up to the bumper/tow hook. (if it is there) Visible through the tire well.

Mine has the hex-plug in the freeze plug hole. So it never got installed. I'll get one and install it, once this mess is past. I aint going anywhere, and can't get down my driveway (hill) anyway. I am parked inside the shop where I have some "test water" in there that hasn't even got to freezing.....YET!! I will turn a space heater in there under it if that water freezes.
                  Last edited by Philip-TX; 02-14-2021, 08:23 PM. Reason: kant tipe

Comment

I always plug my Cummins in if it’s going to be below 40°. If nothing else it helps it warm up quicker.

As far as how long to let it run, I’ve left mine plugged in for days on end with no ill effects. As far as electricity usage, they only draw like 375 watts so you won’t notice on your electric bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Plug that mofo in. Doesn't hurt. Just like wearing a prophylactic in college

Comment

My 2020 Cummins fired right up in -20 temps windshield -44 in Wyoming with no anti gel. My 2006 6.0 fires right up in single digit temps but I do use Archoil every fill up for the injectors.

Comment

Have a 02 Dodge, it gelled up yesterday on me, had to changed the fuel filter and added some Howes

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

This must be Global Warming....as for to plug in or not just do it it aint gona hurt...and will help if your battery are marginal already it will start easier.Even good battery loose cranking power in cold..

Comment

Originally posted by stx View Post
                              Anything to keep def tanks from freezing?
                              Def tanks have an internal heater that thaws the fluid after the engine is running.

Comment

Never plugged my in and I cant find the cord.

Comment

Working...
                                X