Anyone do a DIY house re-pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone do a DIY house re-pipe?

I go a quote of $7K for a 2 bath one story house on a slab. I think that's a little high.

In

Comment

Pay the man (or woman). :-). I do a lot of stuff myself. I plumbed one of my ranch cabins wit pex. It was new construction and easy. Re-piping would cost me more than $7000 in aggravation.

Comment

I did mine. Ran pex through the walls and into the attic. The only hard part was crawling around in there.

It helped that I’m a short Meskin and not as round as some.

Comment

Its doable as a DYI, but gonna be a whoopin, but 7 grand sounds a bit high.

Comment

I assume this needs to be done soon?

Comment

Little on the High Side

Comment

Price around, we had several quotes that varied from $4,000 to $22,000. Seemed like the ones that advertised the most in the big city were the highest. We are in the hill country but close enough to SA to be serviced from there.
                We got lucky and went with a company we used in the past, they weren’t the cheapest but seemed to be the most honest, the day we were scheduled for install, they were slow and sent three crews to our house, knocked it out in one day, they gave us a very nice discount for getting it done quicker than they had proposed.

Comment

Shop around til you feel comfortable. If you have 3 quotes that are all around the same amount, you would have your answer. Re-pipe could be a hornets nest depending on the age of the home.

Comment

Never done it on a slab house but done a bunch of pier and beam. Like mentioned above it wouldn't take long to reach 7k worth of cussing and wrench throwing.

Comment

Hurry

If you're not in a hurry, I could go help over the course of a few weekends and you could use some of the savings to take me to Extreme Bowhunting in Bracketville.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                        I assume this needs to be done soon?
                        According to the wife it does, but my timeline is a little less aggressive.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think this is a weekend job for a couple of guys, but its going to take a month to get everything out of my way so I can work.

Comment

I had a bid of $7900 to completely re-plumb one of my rentals. I laughed and declined. Ended up doing it myself for a total cost of less than $500. Mine was pier and beam.

Comment

as a plumber..i would like to see how that 500$ repipe looks and behaves...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X