No announcement yet.

Running shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, some long distance runners buy their shoes 1/2 a size bigger, because supposedly the feet 'grow' a smidge. Just throwing that out there. Good, comfortable running socks are also a must too.

Comment

Another vote for On Running! I am not a big runner mostly jog but at 6'3" and 248lb my knees take a beating when I do. I have 2 pairs and love them both.

Comment

Brooks Launch here, I run 3-4 miles a day, 3-4 days a week. Mixed between treadmill at the gym or concrete around the neighborhood.

Comment

For those that were Asics. They have close outs on this past years shoes on their website. I was able to go $150 pair of gel nimbus 21s for $99.95 and you can use their promo code for an addition 25% off and comes with free shipping. Just passing it along. I like both Asics and Brooks and have heard good things about the Hoka brand from my coworkers at the hospital

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
            Go to a run shop and get fitted before spending a lot on a new pair of running shoes.
            I have supination, which means I walk and run on the outside edge of my feet and there are shoes specifically for that so I don't injure myself.
            The run shop will take a look at your stride and can recommend various shoes if you supinate or pronate or even if you have flat feet.
            I am partial to Brooks shoes and go through about 2 pair a year running roughly 600 miles per year.
            What this guy said. Don't spend a dollar until you go to a dedicated running shop that will put you on a treadmill and take a video of your stride. They need to see if you pronate or not. Then they will match you to the proper shoe.

Comment

I run in Hoka One One Challenger ATRs and like them alot.

Comment

Hoka is my go 2

Comment

Brooks have been my favorite running shoes. Adrenaline for pronation. Great stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hoka Bondi and Clifton 7 are great running shoes. After several years of not jogging due to feet issues these are the only ones I trust at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by WapitiHunter View Post
                      Brooks have been my favorite running shoes. Adrenaline for pronation. Great stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Brooks Adrenaline GTS are all I’ve worn for the last couple years and I love them. Super comfortable. I run anywhere from 2-3.5 miles a day, 5-6 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        I run in Hoka One One Challenger ATRs and like them alot.
                        Teva trail running shoes were the best I’ve ever found. They are (or were, I’m not sure) the same parent company as Hoka. Something happened 4 or 5 years ago and the parent company sold some stuff off and changed some brands around. Haven’t found anything as good since then.

These days I’m in Aesics.

Comment

Asics for me.
                          I was running 3 time a week, but COVID now prevents us from leaving leaving the gate to exercise at lunch. So now run only on days I am off at a track.
                          I do 23 laps.
                          Walk 2
                          Walk curves and sprint the straights to equal 2 more laps
                          Walk another 2
                          Run 10 laps continuously
                          Walk 2 more
                          Walk 2 and run the straights backwards
                          And walk 5 more. Almost 7 miles total.
                          I use map my run app and music to keep me motivated.

Comment

I will toss in another vote for Hoka.

Comment

How many of you runners wear their hard type custom orthotics while running? I do.

Comment

I am going on my fifth pair of Brooks over the last three-four years. I do not miss many days so I go through them quickly jogging/walking off-road / streets. They are very comfortable to me and have never produced a blister.

Comment

Working...
                                X