trail cameras taken back to academy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone ever had any success taking trail cameras back to academy for exchange? i know i have on fishing rods in the past. got a couple of browning strike force cams that are screwed up. honestly feel a little stupid asking such a question but tired of cameras crashing, multiple brands too.

Receipt? Then you should be good to go. I have taken several back over the years.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

no receipt

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
        no receipt
        They can find your receipt in their system with the CC you used to purchase the cams.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
          has anyone ever had any success taking trail cameras back to academy for exchange? i know i have on fishing rods in the past. got a couple of browning strike force cams that are screwed up. honestly feel a little stupid asking such a question but tired of cameras crashing, multiple brands too.

I buy them and throw them away. They all suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have and if no receipt they can look it up with your CC. Kind of a pain but it can be done.
            But also agree with about I buy the cheap ones cuz they all suck and throw them away now.

Comment

Funny that you write this about Browning Strike Force. My cousin and I bought a few and have had problems with night pictures and other problems. I know a lot of people that love these cameras and never had any problem. I cleaned all of the contacts and installed a new firmware update. I bought 2 new cameras and decided on going with Moultrie. Good luck!!!!

Comment

Yes.....it was years ago but the Manager let me exchange one that broke after six months. I believe it was a Moultrie camera. I did not have a receipt. Maybe I just caught them on the right day.

Comment

Yep did it a couple weeks ago with no receipt. They just asked if I had the CC used to purchase and they looked up the transaction. If you purchased with cash I’m not sure.

Comment

Academy will take anything back even with/without receipt. If you don't have the receipt they will give you the money back on a gift card for the lowest price that is going for in system at least that's what my old store 128 in Victoria would do.

I would buy fishing reels for a penny and resale them for $50. Yes, they might have need work done on them, but it was still cheaper than buy a new one. Plus, I didn't fix them I had the person I sold them to fix them.

Comment

Academy has changed their return policy. (In Houston at least)
                      After 60 days they start depreciating the item.
                      I returned a trailcam I bought a year ago for $100. I got $28 for it.
                      This began once covid started.

Comment

Working...
                      X