Spintech motor/shaft locked up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
    best to give the guys at spin tech a call they are real helpful no one knows their product better then they do
    Probably the best option. Duh!

Comment

:Please do not take this the wrong way but you have spent waaaayyyyy more time discussing this than the cost of a new motor.

I had the same thing happen last week, replaced the motor and we are now feeding coons, rabbits, squirrels, an occasional Opossum and the rare/elusive East Texas Whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
        :Please do not take this the wrong way but you have spent waaaayyyyy more time discussing this than the cost of a new motor.

I had the same thing happen last week, replaced the motor and we are now feeding coons, rabbits, squirrels, an occasional Opossum and the rare/elusive East Texas Whitetail.
        I'm kind of tite that way! Heck it isn't even my money but if I can fix it without buying a new motor then that is what this tite old German will do! It wasn't feeding when I brought it home and it won't feed until I take it back.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
          Last time I looked, you could get a new motor (12v) for about $15!!

Comment

So, did you get anywhere with this motor?

Comment

Step 1--try another battery that is a known good one.
              If no workie-
              Step 2--take the spinner off the motor, disassemble the two shafts and lube lightly, reassemble and try again
              If no workie--
              Step 3--drive to town buy new motor, back to lease, install motor, done.
              Step 4--have a cold one.

Comment

Check the set screw on tje side of the spinner plate. Those sometimes vibrate out. It hasto have a set screw to bind into the shaft. That's what it sounds like to me. I use the same units, and occassionally those screws will back out.. Good Luck.

Comment

Spintech Customer Service

Originally posted by Dollie View Post
                  Check the set screw on tje side of the spinner plate. Those sometimes vibrate out. It hasto have a set screw to bind into the shaft. That's what it sounds like to me. I use the same units, and occassionally those screws will back out.. Good Luck.
                  I have the same problem with the set screw getting flung loose. I have tried to message Spintech via email, messenger and phone message asking for set screw size and they never returned my message or call. They are not very responsive. Bad customer service. Does anyone now the size and type of screw?

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
                    best to give the guys at spin tech a call they are real helpful no one knows their product better then they do
                    That wasn't my experience after stopping by their store. I needed the plastic part that always breaks where the spinner goes down. They wouldn't sell me that part. Instead he asked if I wanted to buy another complete unit. I told him no thanks I'll be switching everything to the eliminator. They make stuff that doesn't constantly wear out.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      That wasn't my experience after stopping by their store. I needed the plastic part that always breaks where the spinner goes down. They wouldn't sell me that part. Instead he asked if I wanted to buy another complete unit. I told him no thanks I'll be switching everything to the eliminator. They make stuff that doesn't constantly wear out.
                      I will never buy another SPINTECH and I will share my experience if anyone asks about the product.

Comment

Originally posted by WapitiHunter View Post
                        I have the same problem with the set screw getting flung loose. I have tried to message Spintech via email, messenger and phone message asking for set screw size and they never returned my message or call. They are not very responsive. Bad customer service. Does anyone now the size and type of screw?
                        I just checked one I have. It’s 10-32 and length is .250.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          I just checked one I have. It’s 10-32 and length is .250.

You are awesome!!!! Thank you!!! I appreciate you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Set screw

Comment

Originally posted by golfer47 View Post
                              I spray the shaft with wd40 everytime fill with corn.
                              Pro tip of the day thank you sir

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

The pieces that slides down the shaft is worn out and gets in a bind when the motor tries to spin. It needs to be replaced.

Applying oil will make that worse since dust will accumulate and wear that part out even more. If you must lubricate it try a dry graphite.

Comment

Working...
                                X