No announcement yet.

Age Old Question: To Doe or Not To Doe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Sunday morning, but I am not mad at them enough to dress one out at night if it is hot. Don't have a target buck either.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
      Maybe Sunday morning, but I am not mad at them enough to dress one out at night if it is hot. Don't have a target buck either.
      Truth! Saturday morning or Sunday morning...I'm not cleaning one under lights in the heat saturday afternoon!

Comment

I'll doe it.

Comment

Still a week or so til I get out to hunt, but I will definitely take a doe for some meat if she gives me a shot my very first sit.
          This will be the first time in over a decade that I’m back to hunting public land instead of a lease. So, I’m going to take what I can get.

Comment

Morning maybe if she has no fawns. Not evenings.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

The ranch I am hunting has way to many does. Feeder I will be hunting has several old bitty’s in the group that need to go. My neighbor has a cousin that is going to make us tamales out of one. So that’s what’s on the menu for the weekend.

Comment

I like to target the older does that are no longer breeding - I call them “dry does”.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Yep does are on the menu

Comment

Just passed a doe with her fawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I doe’d. First one was too small, second one had a fawn, and third one was “high alert” doe...keyword here “was”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Freezer first wall second.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Comment

I doed

Comment

It was a bust for me.. got out to my ground blind at 545 am only to find it demolished by cows. Lucky for me, they did it to my other two setups too. Heading to Academy tomorrow to buy a Tripod.

Comment

Doe always seem to be abundant, and outside the lead doe. They are not as smart as good bucks. I like taking a doe ASAP for one to see if my bow is as if I was target shooting and to take the meat pressure off.

Comment

Working...
                              X