Bow blind recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow blind recommendation

I’m wanting to build a bow blind and was wondering what’s a good size for the blind???? Just a basic bow blind not the pentagon type I’ll might f that up

Minimum I would build is a 4’wx6’lx6’h.

Comment

I built a 5'x5'x6'tall and it is plenty big to bow hunt out of comfortably.

Comment

Man, I just ordered the “down and out”
        Warrior blind by Hawk.

Check them out.

I also ordered the 5’ stand to go along with it.

Super lite weight and incredibly durable. A buddy of mine has about 15 of them at his ranch in Mexico. Loves them !!

Good luck !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just like feeder pens the bigger the better. 6’x6’ minimum.

Comment

Appreciate the help texasbowhunters��

Comment

Build a platform and u can move it around and put a pop up on top of it......

Comment

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
                Man, I just ordered the “down and out”
                Warrior blind by Hawk.

Check them out.

I also ordered the 5’ stand to go along with it.

Super lite weight and incredibly durable. A buddy of mine has about 15 of them at his ranch in Mexico. Loves them !!

Good luck !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Man those look nice

Comment

My son and I are building cheap, small, lightweight blinds: 4 ft. (w) x 5 ft. (l) x 6 ft. (h)

We're using 2x2s for the frame and foam boards for the outer covering. We then cover everything with camo burlap. We mount the blinds on deck blocks and wire the 2x4 joists to the concrete deck blocks. This gets the blinds about a foot off of the ground which keeps the bind off of wet ground, and I think - it helps prevent any intrusion by bugs and critters. We paint the inside of the blind with black paint and sit as far to the back of the blind as possible. Plenty of room to use either a vertical bow or crossbow.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

We do square 6x6 and love them. Carpet the inside. Put some shelves and a nice chair. Mr. Buddy for the winter. They are almost big enough to camp in.

Comment

I built lots out of Cattle Panels. Cover with Canvas/brush or (burlap just dont last..)but OK doubled up for a couple years...Put cattle panels together with Ty wraps.Then when happy with it and location tie with wire...Best part is cut TY/wire and move.. and they stack easy. Only problem is they need roof unless your in thick shade...a few T post and couple sheets plywood ...work

To get more height you can stand and cut panels vertical and cut to height you need.. you can overlap panels a foot or so and add height Ty wrap to test then wire..and if you want a temperament joint..Weld or I Braze..that welding torch is easier to pack in woods than weld machine

Bolt cutters or cutoff wheel on portable angle grinder will be your friend

Comment

Working...
                      X