Time laps giraffe mounting videos- All three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time laps giraffe mounting videos- All three

Finished all three videos of mounting the giraffe. I edited the first one that I posted a week ago so this is the edited one. Enjoy!!

I really enjoyed this!!! Great work and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome thanks for taking the time to take us along.

Comment

Very cool time lapse and great mount! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Great work Don!

lots and lots of work in the African line

Comment

Nice job !!!

Comment

Wow! You’ve got crazy talent! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Good job.. Turned out really nice..
                I have one to do myself. It will be a full pedestal though with habitat. Mine wasn't shaved quite as thin as yours so its going to be a PIA to get it right.. That skin looked really thin. Who tanned it?

Comment

Thanks all!! Using my iPhone to do this was easier than I thought it would be. I have a small tripod that holds the phone. The app iMovie is easy to use for editing as well.

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Good job.. Turned out really nice..
                  I have one to do myself. It will be a full pedestal though with habitat. Mine wasn't shaved quite as thin as yours so its going to be a PIA to get it right.. That skin looked really thin. Who tanned it?
                  Hope you have help. It’s more than one man should do by himself.
                  I was lucky on the skin. It was tanned in South Africa and has been in a freezer for 13 years!!!! The one part I forgot to video was when I laid it out on my drive way and wet it down with the hose. I used a bristled brush and Dawn and scrubbed the hair side and rinsed. I flipped it and rinsed, rolled and put it in a plastic bag to let it rehydrate. I did use a towel soaked with a little Oxyclean water and put it in the face/head. I started working it two days later.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                    Thanks all!! Using my iPhone to do this was easier than I thought it would be. I have a small tripod that holds the phone. The app iMovie is easy to use for editing as well.

Hope you have help. It’s more than one man should do by himself.
                    I was lucky on the skin. It was tanned in South Africa and has been in a freezer for 13 years!!!! The one part I forgot to video was when I laid it out on my drive way and wet it down with the hose. I used a bristled brush and Dawn and scrubbed the hair side and rinsed. I flipped it and rinsed, rolled and put it in a plastic bag to let it rehydrate. I did use a towel soaked with a little Oxyclean water and put it in the face/head. I started working it two days later.
                    Wow 13 years?? That is amazing especially for an African tan.. I'm really surprised that it didn't fall apart due to acid rot when you soaked it up. It looked like a good tan..

Comment

Thx for sharing as that was very educational. Few people see how much time, sweat, manipulating the hide/form, and artistry goes into taxidermy work. I'm guessing you were referencing pictures to fine tune the details

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        Thx for sharing as that was very educational. Few people see how much time, sweat, manipulating the hide/form, and artistry goes into taxidermy work. I'm guessing you were referencing pictures to fine tune the details
                        Thanks!! Yip, for sure a lot of work and NOT a one man job.......
                        Reference is what’s its all about when you work on an animal for the first time. I was in San Antonio visiting kids and made a trip to the zoo. I spent an hour watching and videoing the giraffe there. Took tons of close ups when it was time for feeding too
                        I did find that the head and face on the form was really screwed up and took a lot of time to get right and yo fit the skin.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

impressive, a lot of work !!

Comment

Wow that was an amazing journey! Turned out excellent!

Comment

Working...
                              X