Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You fellas talking about Mr. Buddy Heater repair the other day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be my Mr buddy you were talking about! After seeing all your posts with it taken apart I decided to do it my self. It only took maybe 30 minutes to figure out what was wrong and get it back up and running. Thanks for the help man appreciate it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Small tank. I'll work on that Smart. Thanx.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
        That would be my Mr buddy you were talking about! After seeing all your posts with it taken apart I decided to do it my self. It only took maybe 30 minutes to figure out what was wrong and get it back up and running. Thanks for the help man appreciate it

Good deal. What ended up being the issue.?

Comment

Little bitty spider made a nest in the whole tube of the pilot. I tried cleaning out the pilot like you said but it wasn't working soni hit it with the air pump and it cleared right up

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Small tank. I'll work on that Smart. Thanx.

**** I butchered the hell out of that directions post. Must have been nap time [emoji23]

Good luck!

Comment

I get the concept. At this point it's just junk so I gotta try.

Comment

Daaaaaaaaaamn it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I get the concept. At this point it's just junk so I gotta try.

If the toothpick doesn't do the trick, undo the single screw on the bottom and remove the face plate and burner assembly by pulling it out. Inside the unit you will see two tabs at the bottom on each side that need to be pulled up to release the sides. You also need to pop the top handle out. (See the little pop hole on the back of the handle in the pic below. Push the small pimple in and pull the handle out). Once you get those off, the rest is easy to take apart.

Included some pics. You can see it is fairly easy once you get the plastic off. The pilot light and the thermocouple are easily accessible. Also those small thin fuel lines are what I drain when there is oil in the system if anybody else needs to clean theirs up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0068.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	24525647

Name:	IMG_0067.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	24525648

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	24525649

Name:	IMG_0065.jpg
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	24525650

Name:	IMG_0022.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	24525651

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	24525652

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	24525653

Optimal flame is having the heat touch the thermocouple like so.

Name:	IMG_9986.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	24525654
                  Last edited by Smart; 12-30-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Dang Smart. You should start a heater repair side business so you can pay for that lease. I've got a NG 30K BTU heater you can work on next.

Comment

That looks like a Brown Spotted orbweaver. When I am walking to my stand in the dark I always alway walk through one of thems webs on the trail. I think they are harmless?

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
                        That looks like a Brown Spotted orbweaver. When I am walking to my stand in the dark I always alway walk through one of thems webs on the trail. I think they are harmless?
                        Maybe non venomous but not harmless. You will harm yourself getting one on your face in the dark.

Comment

Would have definitely 'knocked the cheese off my nachos'

Comment

I hear those have the venom of a thousand cobras. Extremely luck sir.

Comment

I would have paid to see that on video!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I just fixed another one. And must say I’ve never seen this[emoji15]. Usually it’s a smaller spider that climbs in the pilot hole piping and dies blocking the flow of gas to allow it to light, or oil from the big tanks/hoses clogging the metal fuel lines. This time the pilot light was fine but the flames when kicked up were back behind the burner blowing out everywhere. Not good. So I took it apart and looked in the burner assembly with poor lighting. Looked like some insulation was clogging up the fuel shaft. The old ones had an insulation lining around the edge of the ceramic block. So I stuck my finger in the burner because I saw what looked like insulation and this mofo moved and jumped out like a crab or eel to scare me away and then ran back in his hole. [emoji15] I might have screamed like a girl[emoji13][emoji23][emoji23]. Sucker had completely filled up the burner assembly with webbing and was still alive. I’m surprised he was still there and alive since it has been sitting in my garage for 3 weeks waiting on me to look at it. Cleaned it all out, and it runs like a champ. Anyway you just never know.

That’s crazy!

My pilot will burn but I can’t get the back piece to catch. I’ve ran it for a full 30 seconds to a minute but it won’t catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X