Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DieXarr0w88 View Post
    Hey all,

What do you guys use for repellent? I went out there back in June scouting as I’m new to the area. I got ate up so bad by chiggers I still haven’t gone back to check cams and what not. Do they die off at some point? Thanks.
    Best thing Ive ever done for myself is buy some decent leg gaiters, and every summer I do a permethrin soak on them. Generally do a much lighter coat on my lightweight hunting gear. Bug free ever since.

Comment

Anywhere for primitive camping around here? Couldn't find one on the map, and all I can find is the hike-in campsites through tpwd at the state park.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeStudd View Post
        Anywhere for primitive camping around here? Couldn't find one on the map, and all I can find is the hike-in campsites through tpwd at the state park.
        Camping is not allowed at the WMAs. You have to camp at the State Parks

Comment

Noticing a pattern shift on my cameras which usually happens when they start to shed their velvet.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinInATX View Post
            Noticing a pattern shift on my cameras which usually happens when they start to shed their velvet.

PM’d you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey all,

What do you guys use for repellent? I went out there back in June scouting as I’m new to the area. I got ate up so bad by chiggers I still haven’t gone back to check cams and what not. Do they die off at some point? Thanks.

Same as the others have said. While scouting I spray my snake boots all the way to the top then spray around my waistband and no more chiggers. They got me a few years ago bad. Never again.

Comment

Went out today to check cameras. No photos at all although where my camera is set up there is a ton of sign. I came to the conclusion my camera was too high up and brought it down close to 2.5-3ft off the ground. I’m more happy that there isn’t photos of other people on my camera.

Comment

Originally posted by BulletSAR View Post
                  Went out today to check cameras. No photos at all although where my camera is set up there is a ton of sign. I came to the conclusion my camera was too high up and brought it down close to 2.5-3ft off the ground. I’m more happy that there isn’t photos of other people on my camera.

You’re not alone. The animals have definitely changed patterns and moved around since the drought. I haven’t had any decent amount of pics or even regular pics in a while even though there were heavy trails and scat where I placed them. I’m starting to think the animals have moved on to places where there’s consistent water supply.

Comment

It was a hot one today. But on a positive note I think I came out bug free this time.

Comment

Heading out Monday (hopefully) to set out a camera or 2 and look for deer sign.

Comment

Well the cell cams started pinging. Everything but deer and hogs. I might have even got a picture of a chupacabra. 😂

Comment

Well the cell cams started pinging. Everything but deer and hogs. I might have even got a picture of a chupacabra. [emoji23]

I think I have pics of every raccoon, squirrel, armadillo and coyote in the area. Seems like the deer and pigs are all hiding out elsewhere.

Comment

Looks like somebody was out scouting a week before the opener.

Comment

Hey guys- been awhile since I’ve been around on here.

I had left a stand out there 2 seasons ago and life got in the way and was never able to retrieve it till this past weekend. So if you were hunting a “found/abandoned” stand - it MAY not be there if you planned on hunting it.

Just a heads up [emoji2371]

Hope you all stay safe, shoot straight and get the biggen’

[emoji1689][emoji1689]

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                                Hey guys- been awhile since I’ve been around on here.

I had left a stand out there 2 seasons ago and life got in the way and was never able to retrieve it till this past weekend. So if you were hunting a “found/abandoned” stand - it MAY not be there if you planned on hunting it.

Just a heads up [emoji2371]

Hope you all stay safe, shoot straight and get the biggen’

[emoji1689][emoji1689]

Guess I’ll have to go buy my own stand and get it set up now. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X