Acorn rage update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acorn rage update.

I had put out my fusion screw blocks some time ago. Those things last a long time. The deer licked one so much it unscrewed it and they licked it on the ground and pushed it about 10 yards. I rescrewed it as tight as I could get it. Hopefully it stays. The other fusion is at my Hilltop protein feeder. They have licked it about the same. They should last a couple months, easily.

My little brother started using the acorn rage powder this past week. He got it for 10 dollars at Walmart. The deer devoured it. He pours a little pile in his shooting holes and when one finds it, they stick their nose in it and stay until it's pretty well gone. I bought three bags and put it out at several of my spots. The deer wouldn't know an acorn from a pumpkin, but it took them no time at all to start hitting it. The little piles are just smears in the dirt in no time at all. We've started pouring it over our corn chum for added attraction. So far the results are great.

This buck came in to my little brother's set up Saturday morning, stuck his nose in the pile of acorn rage and never quit eating until the Rage blew a giant hole in his side. Yep, I think I'm going to have to keep a bag or two around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wrapper 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	24744104

Which of your leases / what area are you having the success? I mix it with my hand chum and spritz it with some water to make it stick.

Comment

come on doc you know it was because he was sitting in double bull

hell of a buck! Congrats to your bro

Comment

Nice BUCK!! congrats to your brother!! THANKS FOR UPDATE ON THE ACORN RAGE!! I MAY HAVE TO TRY IT NOW!!

Comment

This is in San Angel....err Southwest of Dallas.

Double Bull? I think the only one we have left is folded up next to Dog's bed. LOL Actually, almost all the blinds we use in San Angel...tonio are panel blinds and most have been there for years. This blind is one he made out of tubing with heavy tarp covering. It's BIG.

Comment

Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Congrats to your brother on a great buck.I tried some acorn rage on some deer where I work and while some seemed to ignore it,the ones that ate it seemed to really love it.I noticed they dug a hole about two inches deep where the small piles were,trying to get more of it.The next day they came back the those spots where I had put it out the day before and were scraping the ground looking for more.
              Last edited by Spike; 11-04-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I have seen it in a block (talked about above), a powder (I think that was mentioned above), and in pellets.

Those of you who use it, do you use the pellets or powder?

(maybe I just thought I saw pellets??)
                Last edited by kfd82; 11-04-2008, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Can you throw it in with the corn in the feeder to sweeten the pot or will it just blow in the wind?

Comment

Very very nice deer congrats

Comment

We've mixed it with chum corn, but not in the feeder. Would probably work to sweeten the smell, both in the corn and the wind. The have the pellets to put in the feeder. I think it's feeder fire, or something like that. I've used the fusion screw in blocks. They screw into the trees. The stuff that my little brother is using and that he convinced me to use is the powder.

Comment

Thats a real nice buck there!

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
                          We've mixed it with chum corn, but not in the feeder. Would probably work to sweeten the smell, both in the corn and the wind. The have the pellets to put in the feeder. I think it's feeder fire, or something like that. I've used the fusion screw in blocks. They screw into the trees. The stuff that my little brother is using and that he convinced me to use is the powder.
                          Do you have cattle with the screw in blocks?

Comment

Yeah, he was only 4 1/2, but we've lost so many good bucks the last 2 years, we decided to take him this year. At least we got to kill one of our better ones.

Comment

No cows. Not where I have them. There are two big hogs, but they've held up well to them so far. I have them on TC's licking them. I have a couple pens in the pasture with the cows and horses. I plan on putting a couple in those pens. I was waiting until I saw them use it. They do.

Comment

Working...
                              X