No announcement yet.

Packing Game Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Hawk Crawler. Best game cart I've ever owned. I also use it to haul decoys and such, haul corn, and haul my butt out when the young'un comes with me and I can talk him in to it. Usually that price is pretty high though.

Comment

Frame pack and a game cart.

We packed my bull out on our backs til I went and stabbed the heck outta my leg. The game carts are great unless you hit heavy brush or a sandy patch of soil.

I've got a buddy with the hawk cart. On the first trip we had 4 flats. Not sure if you can get solid wheels for it but if you can thats a solid option.

You may wanna think about figuring some way to mesh line the bottom of the game cart. The trimmings and boneless meat become bags full of jelly and tend to fall through the cracks of the cart unless you have something to cradle it like the hawk does.

Comment

I personally like the pack frame route for just about anything. We hauled out my buddy's nilgai cow with a Hawk Crawler and it worked great, only got hard to pull in really tall grass due to the friction on the bottom. Aside from that logs and bumps weren't an issue but we didn't have any soft/wet ground. There's more surface area on those tires than a typical cart so I suspect it'd still do better than the average cart.

Comment

Buddy of mine at work used to do a lot of elk hunts but now only hunts whitetail. He swears up and down by the pack out rack. I’ll be buying one before next deer season!

Comment

I always put in the frame pack, plastic sled, and game cart. I load head, cape, straps and tenders in my pack with 2 shoulders. That will weigh 60-70#. Then decide which of the three I need for the second trip!!!

Comment

Working...
            X