Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Wife got another doe tonight.

There's Aoudad in 4 sometimes, not a lot lately. The Mouflon are in 5 and I hear the numbers are down but they're in there and still being seen. Area 1 has tons of domestic stink goats and sheep too. Starting to see some sign of goats in 2 as well but so far not seen any.

Congrats on the Doe! And ya lots of Stink goats…just follow the stench…lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hacxor View Post
      Thank y’all so much! I do have a boat and I will be bringing it down. I do y’all have any preference on which campsites are best?
      Depends where you're going. Spur 454 ramp should be open soon so San Pedro is a great place to camp if you're launching there. 277N is really close to area 5 for Mouflon but I'm not sure how close you can get the boat to the camp site. Governor's you're right by the highway and road noise is constant and the campsites are tiny.

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
        Congrats on the Doe! And ya lots of Stink goats…just follow the stench…lol

Thanks! She did good, big old doe. Man those goats freakinf stink lol

Comment

Boudin and beer, though I didn't plan accordingly and ran out of mine so having to dip into the wife's beer.
          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Mamma!

Sure you ran out of beer.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
              Congrats Mamma!

Sure you ran out of beer.
              I gotta make sure I'm covered in case somebody recognizes the can.

Comment

I got 9 noodles out yesterday before wife text that she shot her doe and I went to help. Got stuck working a little later than I'd like so wasn't planning to check them until coming back in but this one was hauling butt across the lake so we grabbed it real quick.

Dog went home with Big last night so I get to hunt today!!! Pic of a scrape I'm sitting on.
                Attached Files

Comment

I know you haven’t updated the thread because your quartering up a deer lol. How did the evening turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                    I know you haven’t updated the thread because your quartering up a deer lol. How did the evening turn out?

He is now working on his second deer and then the Aoudad post to come later

Comment

Lol no such luck. I passed a young forkie and had four monster doe come flying into the canyon down below me but they holed up down there somewhere and never came out. Little saw a doe but he's buck hunting, not sure if he had an opportunity on that one or not. Momma didn't see anything but heard people talking about 5pm, she sent me a text asking if I was on the phone or something.

We grabbed the rest of the noodles otw in, two small catfish were legal but Momma pardoned them due to size, two hooks still had bait and the rest were empty. We baited them all and tossed back in.

I think we're headed back to our more normal spots tomorrow evening, hopefully the hunter traffic from the weekend has settled down.

Comment

12/31/22
                        Wow most of the vegetation looks frost bit or dead. Not much sign where i was. Had some does come up down wind from me, snorting and stomping, behind my back and no chance of a shot. Nice evening though.

Comment

Those deer always seem to come up from behind us out there. I can literally sit in the same spot and face different directions and they'll still always come out behind me each time.

Comment

Anyone going to be hunting the late weekend for doe? I’ll be trying to get one that Saturday.

Comment

Gonna try a quickie Sunday Funday

Comment

Not us, think we're done for the year. 3 Amigos down at Laguna right now. We're about to grill up some Amistad venison fajitas.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X