Pipeline const time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipeline const time?

So we lease a section of land in callahan county and the pipeline company started surveying work last week to run a one mile stretch of line right thru the middle of the property. It goes right by two of our blinds. Unfortunately they are running a very large access road right by our other two setups so our season is shot as long as they are working.

My question to those with experience is how long will they take to run one mile of pipe once they start laying it? And how long until the deer show back up?

First, I hate to hear the timing of the construction. Lone Star Gas did the same thing almost the same time last year across a small section of land on my river grounds. From the time they started clearing the right-of-way to the time they finished the reclamation was 6 months, including weather days. They did not work the week of Thanksgiving nor did they work the week of and after Christmas.

It bothered the deer while they were in there working, but seemed like as soon as it quieten down, animals came right back.

Rwc

Comment

They are pushing cedar on the place I hunt and right now they are pushing cedar right where one of my sets up are. I was fully aware that it was gonna happen and it is a free place to hunt so no complaining from me. What I have learned is that by getting the blind while they are working hides the noise I make getting in. They are usually done before or right when my feeder goes off. The deer and pigs show up like clock work.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys. Just found out the major access road will not only be used to access our property while laying the one mile of new pipe, but also multiple adjacent properties to our east to do the same. Could be a long process. Our landowner is a great guy though and took care of the season lease fees.

Comment

If the construction company is worth a **** 5000’ shouldn’t take them but a couple weeks .

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
            If the construction company is worth a **** 5000’ shouldn’t take them but a couple weeks .
            ^^^^This and the animals ain't going no where.

Comment

A mile shouldn't take too long. I was inspecting on a 3.x mile tie line and it took about 5 weeks(as well as I can remember), start to finish and it was a muddy mess.

When I first went into Pipeline work(Mobil), one of the first jobs I was on was installing a new valve on a 12" gasoline/diesel line. Had to cut in a stopple fitting to seal off the flow and we had to lower the line for a 1/4 mile or so.

The whole time machinery was working there, deer were running the the woods like they just had to see what was going on. We saw deer every day we were working there.

Maybe it won't disrupt things too awfully bad.

Comment

You sure it’s only a one mile line? There’s some major projects about to start in that area. Or is it only a mile across your property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
                  You sure it’s only a one mile line? There’s some major projects about to start in that area. Or is it only a mile across your property?

its way more than a mile line in total, but just a mile across our property. we are about two miles north of 20 so you probably have an idea of what project it is. Guess it could be worse and we couldve been hunting the land that had the crez power line built through it a few years back!

Comment

Ask the landowner, the company should have informed them. (Or they should have asked)

Comment

That line runs from Kermit to cleburne. Spread 3 runs thru your property which is about 90 miles. Your looking at around 6-8 months start to finish. You will be surprised how little it really bothers the wildlife

Comment

If they are just know surveying you have a while before construction starts.

Comment

It wont be as bad as you think. I went to a friends place in south Texas back during the Eagleford boom. An oil company was digging a caliche pit about 1/4 mile from camp, and had setup some truck scales about 300 yds from camp. It was terrible. They were running wide open from day light to dark! Truck after truck. it was annoying. They had 2 huge dozers pushing rock, and 2 huge payloaders filling belly dumps. You could hear that rock crashing into the bellydumps all the way across the ranch.

Anyway, the hunt ended up being great. One of the blinds was right next to the pit, and a guy shot a 165" buck one morning! We saw turkeys everywhere, and the deer acted like nothing was wrong. It was crazy.

I can still here those reverse alarms beeping......

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                            It wont be as bad as you think. I went to a friends place in south Texas back during the Eagleford boom. An oil company was digging a caliche pit about 1/4 mile from camp, and had setup some truck scales about 300 yds from camp. It was terrible. They were running wide open from day light to dark! Truck after truck. it was annoying. They had 2 huge dozers pushing rock, and 2 huge payloaders filling belly dumps. You could hear that rock crashing into the bellydumps all the way across the ranch.

Anyway, the hunt ended up being great. One of the blinds was right next to the pit, and a guy shot a 165" buck one morning! We saw turkeys everywhere, and the deer acted like nothing was wrong. It was crazy.

I can still here those reverse alarms beeping......
                            My thoughts to

I have had pipelines come by , and drilling rigs within 100 yards of my stands
                            And still have plenty of game coming in
                            I think the noise and activity bothered me more than the deer ( it is daily activity for them)
                            Pipeline is fairly fast unless lots of weather days are used ( I think 3 miles every 6-8 weeks) “ someone please correct me if my numbers are off”

Comment

Wish we had y'alls pipeline crews.....have leased our place for over 20 years with 3 pipelines over that time. Every time they say "will be done by deer season" but never have been. Always takes 9 months or more from when the surveyors start running all over to when they pull up the silt fence. They cross about 1000 yards on our place.

Comment

Working...
                              X