Score/Age ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Score/Age ?

This buck kind of slipped through the cracks this summer. He never was really on the radar till recently. Here he was on 7/4/19 and we didn’t think anything of him.

Fast forward to last night and I get this picture of him.....anyone have a score and possibly age guess. Just an FYI I don’t think he is 6.5 or older.

So what do you have him scoring? He will not be hunted this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I literally jumped when I scrolled down to the second picture. I wasn't expecting that, and that is probably why y'all didn't give him much thought

Those forks!

If he was on our place I would say 6.5. Fat head, good gut on him, brisket is looking a little loose

Comment

At least 5.5 and 190s

Comment

I think your spot on with 6.5 and there is a lot of bone there ill say 185-190

Comment

I have him in the 215" range.
          100" down
          115" up

Maybe I'm big eyeing him a little.

Comment

125 inches of time length????? Did I add something wrong?
            He's at least 6. I would just have to see different angles to get enough perspective. I could miss him 20 inches really easy.

Comment

I assume he will be "safe" that is why yall are passing him..

looks 6.5 plus to me

Comment

I am confident that he is 5.5 or younger. I tend to go with 5.5 but a far outside chance he is 6.5. If he is, then he was completely irrelevant as a 5.5 yr old deer or younger. Glad he made a jump though.

Comment

Good lawd, that was a surprise and a half!!! didn't see that kind of jump coming.
                  Pushing 200 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    125 inches of time length????? Did I add something wrong?
                    He's at least 6. I would just have to see different angles to get enough perspective. I could miss him 20 inches really easy.

I have tine length at 95” up and going to be close to 95” down too.

Right at 190-195” would be the neighborhood im guessing him to be in. Lots of long tines but he is only about 15-16” wide.

Admittedly I could be way off!

Comment

You just have to be 20 inches low on time length. Any more pics?

Comment

I have to agree with you on the tines and up score. I was conservative only giving him 10”s on his longer tines and still came up with way more than 95”s of tines.

Comment

5.5 6.5 im thinking 211 on score

Comment

That deer is over 200 IMO. One was killed on the place I hunt that had 3 deep forks like that, but not the tine length of yours, and it went 210

Comment

Not any other good pics. I think I am a bit low on tine length. I tend to small eye out deer and be closer in guessing other people’s

Comment

Working...
                              X