Habitat Flats & Tony Vandemore Thumbs Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Habitat Flats & Tony Vandemore Thumbs Down

Send a scout up to investigate before you waste your time at his Sumner, MO lodge.

For snow geese or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
      For snow geese or what?

They hunt ducks, geese and deer.

Comment

Need more color. What happened?

Comment

Very interested to hear as well.....as I’ve talked to him about possibly booking a conservation goose hunt.

Comment

I was just in Kansas and MO for work and there’s more geese than people up that way.

In for more details.

Comment

In for more info as well.

Comment

Yeah please explain

Comment

After hearing all the hype about the place, we booked a Spring Conservation Season Snow Goose hunt. I’m sure y’all have seen the information that’s available online. Supposed to be trip of a lifetime. Reports were hunting was tough due to lack of juvenile birds, so we contacted Vandemore to discuss possibility of rescheduling for next year. He assured us they would put us on birds. Well they didn’t. Didn’t try very hard either. Spreads were stale. Geese were flaring. Guides wouldn’t adapt. They had their routine and were sticking to it. No new blinds or spreads were being set up. Three groups of hunters experienced the same. Meals and lodging didn’t live up to the hype. Its good enough if you are having great hunts. And I’m sure they have some epic hunting at times. But right know is not one of those times. Hunting had been slow for several weeks. Guides knew it and were very apologetic when we discussed it with them as we were leaving.

Comment

It will continue to be slow throughout conservation season. Geese are very smart this year. I could understand the frustration especially with his prices. But even though its a guided gig its still waterfowl, they are very hard to convince somedays and make the most experienced guides look like newbies.

Comment

Those guys are hunting permanent migrator spreads, they arent looking for feeds. Years like this without juvies it’s tough. No excuse for him to lie to you though. I’ve got a good Arkansas outfitter we hunt conservation season with every year if you want to try again next year.

Comment

Working...
                      X