For those that shoot a hinge while hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that shoot a hinge while hunting

I’ve been dedicated to my hinge release for a few months now and have been successful while hunting with it. I really like the way I shoot with it and I’m going to hunt with it this next season but how do you guys carry it? I end up with it in my pocket and have to dig for it when it’s go time. Do you just half hitch it to your wrist with a piece of string or what?

I shoot way better with mine as well, especially on animals because the click makes me slow down and focus more

While walking, I keep it in my pocket. When I get in the stand; I just put it on my lap, keep it in a chest pocket, or I just lay it in between my bow Limbs if it’s hanging

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      I shoot way better with mine as well, especially on animals because the click makes me slow down and focus more

While walking, I keep it in my pocket. When I get in the stand; I just put it on my lap, keep it in a chest pocket, or I just lay it in between my bow Limbs if it’s hanging
      I struggled with the click. I switched to the hinge to combat target panic the click seemed to make the tp worse. And that’s how I’m doing it now just didn’t know if someone was trying something else.

Comment

I shoot a no click hinge. I carry it in my front right pocket. I have a backup in my pack if I drop it out of my tree stand. A wrist strap will only put it in your way I think. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
          I shoot a no click hinge. I carry it in my front right pocket. I have a backup in my pack if I drop it out of my tree stand. A wrist strap will only put it in your way I think. Good luck!
          You have a good point. I tried to put a string on the release. It’s either too long and slips off my wrist or it’s too short and it messes with the way I hold the release. Neither is good. I can just feel digging in my pocket at go time is going to be an issue. I may try a release bag like many target archers have and see how that works for me.

Comment

I had to look up hinge...aka...back tension release. I learned something new.

I’ve heard of a few guys that clip to their d-loop for traveling, setup and while in blind.

What brand are you shooting Reaper?

Comment

I’m shooting a tru ball ht3. I haven’t played with any others but I shoot this one well after forcing myself to use it for the last 4 months. At first I was terrible with it. And I would clip it on the string but it has a single sear so that’s not an option

Comment

I use a handheld release for hunting. I use a lanyard on it for hunting. Especially when I am elk/spot and stalk hunting. I wouldn't be able to get it out of my pocket if I am squatting down or something. If I have a long sleeve shirt or jacket on I can stuff it in the sleeve if I don't think I will need it. I make them like this for myself and my son. Sorry it is the best picture I could find online.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lanyard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	24538591

Comment

When walking it's in my pocket.

When still hunting it's in my hand.

In the blind I use a release bag with a drawstring.

Comment

Just found something that will work with my tru ball release made by tru ball. It’s called the v-lock system. Look on Lancaster under release straps. You can get it with a buckle strap or just a lanyard. I’m gonna try one out.

Comment

Working...
                    X