No announcement yet.

Meals when booking hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about creating a menu and then having the price reflect what the group picks? Make sure they know that the group gets one package per evening!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
      $15 for a meal/drink and $20 meal/drink+desert
      That's kind of what we are thinking.
      Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
      How about creating a menu and then having the price reflect what the group picks? Make sure they know that the group gets one package per evening!
      The guide suggested that to me as well. I agree.

Thanks for everyone's input so far.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Id pay $30 for a good steak dinner with dessert all day every day on a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          I have it in deep freeze for you!

I bet you had to build another pantry for snacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Sounds like he needs a good group of guys to come hunt and leave about $1,500 in snacks and food in the fridges

It’s because we are good peeps. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
              Most of the time it will only be 2 or 3 people. I don't want to gouge anyone but at the same time is $40 to cook an evening meal for 2 people really worth my time? It will be great with the big groups of 8 or so. I think it would be best to get a couple more outfitters on board that way I am cooking for a good group.
              I honestly think $30 or $40 plate is a good price considering the other option is driving 50 miles round trip for a fried burrito at the gas station. Which is what most end up having to do. This way they come in from hunting and have a hot meal waiting on them.

What do the hunters do for breakfast and lunch? Is there no kitchen/grill there for them to use?

Comment

We have our company dove hunts down in Bronte catered every weekend. Usually between 15-25 people. The place we use charges $40 a head for each meal. We usually pay for 2 meals a day (huge breakfast and good steak dinner with all the fixins plus desert). We've checked around for cheaper prices and they range from $30 to $50 a plate, so we stuck with them since it's always good.

Comment

Meals when booking hunts

I’d have the guide charge the hunters a bit more so you don’t have to deal with it. Just have the guide pay you. Everyone would be happier in the end because you’re not having to ask guys for money, and they’re not having to whip out $40/dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                    Id pay $30 for a good steak dinner with dessert all day every day on a hunt.
                    Absolutely! I totally agree.

Comment

If anyone ever needs a camp cook ( within 100 miles of San Antonio) I have 30 years of experience in the hunting and fishing industry, and can provide a menu list to pick from
                      Just PM me

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                        What do the hunters do for breakfast and lunch? Is there no kitchen/grill there for them to use?
                        He has breakfast and lunch taken care of. He only wants evening meals though I wouldn't mind doing burritos or sausage biscuits for people to warm up in the mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                          I’d have the guide charge the hunters a bit more so you don’t have to deal with it. Just have the guide pay you. Everyone would be happier in the end because you’re not having to ask guys for money, and they’re not having to whip out $40/dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I like that idea best.

Comment

Does it need to be a multi-course meal each night? Big casseroles or pasta dishes could be made ahead of time and would likely be cheaper/easier for you to put together. It could allow you to charge less, if needed. But start high considering the inconvenient dinner alternatives.

I agree that asking for cash for a plate will be off-putting to hunters... Work on convincing the outfitter to pay you.

Comment

Working...
                            X