Newfoundland Bear Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newfoundland Bear Hunt

My son are interested in a spring black bear hunt in Newfoundland.

Does anyone have experience with Ironbound Outfitters?

Thanks

Anyone?

Or maybe can recommend an outfitter for Newfoundland for bear??

Comment

I have hunted with Ironbound twice but these were for moose. Pretty good operation for moose but I have not hunted bear with them. Mark always told me they had good bear hunting but I never spoke with anyone who had. Always had the same pictures of bear. You may have your heart set on going to Newfoundland but Quebec has some really good bear outfits. Bears there are on the small side. If you want big bears, I suggest looking toward the western provinces of Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
        I have hunted with Ironbound twice but these were for moose. Pretty good operation for moose but I have not hunted bear with them. Mark always told me they had good bear hunting but I never spoke with anyone who had. Always had the same pictures of bear. You may have your heart set on going to Newfoundland but Quebec has some really good bear outfits. Bears there are on the small side. If you want big bears, I suggest looking toward the western provinces of Canada.
        Thanks. I was told Newfoundland bears are huge. That is one of the reasons we are looking there.
        Unfortunately, I think the hunt is off for now. My son got a DUI 5 years ago and we are being told that he will not be able to enter Canada because of it. He has met all the requirements, but I think he is still in a probation period. anyone have experience with this?

Comment

Reach out to Lone star Outdoor show on Facebook. He is up there right now on a bear hunt.

Comment

Thx

Comment

Working...
            X