No announcement yet.

New Ranch - Callahan Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much hunting last weekend in the 99 degree temps, but I did pull some cards, and finished hanging the new entry gate.

A dozer is coming in next weekend to finish up with the entrance clean up, and dig a pit for the rest of the concrete and metal trash that needs to get buried.

Next steps are to disc plow around the entrance and reseed with native grass seed. Also rebuilding the 5 strand along the entry, and rocking the entrance road back to a future barn location.
    Attached Files

Comment

That's a good lookin' helper you have with you there.

Comment

just now discovered this thread! congrats on well done on getting the improvements done. that work will pay off big no doubt.

Comment

Nice looking place!

Comment

Absolute great hunting in Callahan.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

A buddy of mine arrowed one of the older culls that had taken up residence at my West feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

view from the bow stand Sunday AM
                    Attached Files

Comment

View doesn't get much better then that. Congrats to your buddy on a cool management buck!

Comment

That’s a cool looking buck! Love the droopy main beam

Comment

very cool place you have.

Comment

Heading to the ranch this evening. Looking for this dude.
                            Acorns are still everywhere, and the deer went from predictable to all over the place.

Comment

Good Luck! my older brother's inlaws have a place south of Putnam... they sure don't have this quality of deer or they don't know how to run cameras! (@wloftis)

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                                Good Luck! my older brother's inlaws have a place south of Putnam... they sure don't have this quality of deer or they don't know how to run cameras! (@wloftis)

Thanks. I gave the place one AM hunt last weekend.
                                Saw very little coming into feed. Tried rattling but I think I am past the pre rut when most of the deer will respond.

There are scrapes and rubs around all the big oak trees. More activity around the oaks, than on my cameras since late October.

If their place has a lot of acorns that’s probably keeping the animals away from the feeders.

Comment

Working...
                                X