Case Colored APR Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case Colored APR Action

Here's some old school meets new school stuff we've been playing with. Should result in some interesting builds in the near future. We were introduced to Bobby Tyler recently, and were trying to figure out what to send him so that we could get a sample of his work. Our new actions are CM, so we figured what the heck. Blown away by what he returned to us. Pics really don't do it justice. Enjoy

Robert

Alamo Precision Rifles

Looks great. Presumably heating it doesn't affect the temper?

Comment

Wow. That is beautiful. I’ll have to get one, maybe next year

Comment

That is awesome twist an octagon barrel on there and set it in a piece of fancy walnut MMM.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, are those cyanide case hardened or bone/hardwood charcoal case hardened?

Comment

That's Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
              Just out of curiosity, are those cyanide case hardened or bone/hardwood charcoal case hardened?
              I'm not real sure what his exact process is. I know its not bone/charcoal and I know its not just an acid wash either. He's running at much lower temps than bone/charcoal and was able to pull this off without affecting dimensions or hardness.

Comment

Turnbull uses bone/charcoal and theirs are a sight to behold. No two ever alike, with AAA walnut, they make beautiful rifles. Color case hardening is like it says, actually increases the strength, if it's done correctly. Rugers acid wash just changed the color, not true color case hardening. Turnbull's is thru and thru.
                Last edited by XR650RRider; 10-10-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

What’s the cash price for that action????

Comment

That's awesome looking. You guys planning to do matching rings with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                      That's awesome looking. You guys planning to do matching rings with it?

That would look slick!

Comment

Working...
                      X