Glidecam

Anyone ever use one of these?

Trailboss

Click image for larger version

Name:	x-10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	24733607

Man I have so many ways to answer that question and they would all get me in trouble. Must... resist.. the ... urge...

How about this:

I've used homemade versions of the one I linked to and they work great and cost about 10 bucks. They call them "Jibs"

パソコンレンタルをご検討の方はGoodレンタルへお任せください。法人様・個人様それぞれに合った最適なパソコンをご用意いたします。1台~レンタル可能ですのでお気軽にお問い合わせください。

I'

Comment

Wow, John......those things are quiet costly.

I've never used one, but I have been working on using a Monopod for capturing footage while I'm on foot. Matter of fact, Howie's Video (in my signature below) was shot entirely with a monopod. I personally have yet to need the glidecam, but that just looks to cumbersome for allot of the close/tight areas that I have filmed in.

Comment

Hey Trailboss, nice to know I'm not alone here in Weatherford. nice camera mount.........

Comment

How about this? Has anybody tried this one?

Its a Merlin for $799. I wonder if it works?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
            How about this? Has anybody tried this one?

Its a Merlin for $799. I wonder if it works?
            What do you need it for exactly?

Comment

Comment

Trailboss----I had a Steadicam for several years and used it on professional shoots many times. There's a catch to using it and the main one is literally 'using it' instead of a tripod or the virtual home made addition.
                I called it just another piece of equipment in the arsenal of equipment I owned a rented out.
                My suggestion is-----DON'T BUY IT unless you are specifically going to replace your tripod all together.
                Also another main thing is that you must be in EXCELLENT SHAPE in order to wear and utilize the vest and the arm to keep the heavier cameras in balance for extended periods of time.
                ANOTHER SUGGESTION------just build the 14$ dollar version. Save your money cause for hunting and home videos its perfect.

Comment

Thanks for the info and other suggestions guys.

Trailboss

Comment

I work for Steadicam if anyone has any questions on this topic.

Comment

Nope

Comment

Have you looked into the new DJI Ronin S?

Comment

LOL! Bump from 10 freaking years ago. Hahah

Comment

Working...
                          X