Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy Scouts Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Sad... boy scouts was good to me...

The Boy Scouts of America has officially exited bankruptcy, fulfilling our dual imperatives of equitably compensating abuse survivors and ensuring the future of Scouting. Read more here. The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) Announces Confirmation of Plan of Reorganization and Emergence from Chapter 11 Bankruptcy to Equitably Compensate Survivors While Ensuring Scouting Continues Across the … Homepage Read More »

There’s a lot to be disappointed about with the leadership of the BSA for the past decade. Was once the finest youth development program in the country.

Comment

Just another example how liberals **** up a good thing.
      Last edited by flywise; 02-19-2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        This!

Comment

Daggum, so much for those crappy decisions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

by design

Comment

Guess that $25/bag popcorn didn’t sell well.

In all seriousness this should be another wake up call to those voting. When you devalue values and don’t stand for what your core values are. You will fail. In the past 10ish years the global Boy Scouts lost sight of this. Locally, I feel the standards and values are upheld. trying to please everyone while stepping on those who built you, will always catch up to you.

Comment

Prime example of decisions have consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                  Guess that $25/bag popcorn didn’t sell well.

In all seriousness this should be another wake up call to those voting. When you devalue values and don’t stand for what your core values are. You will fail. In the past 10ish years the global Boy Scouts lost sight of this. Locally, I feel the standards and values are upheld. trying to please everyone while stepping on those who built you, will always catch up to you.
                  Ann Coulter has an article currently on Breitbart about the fall of the BSA.
                  She explains very well how they were forced to disguard their founding values by liberal lawsuits. Forced to accept leaders and kids they never would have accepted on their own.
                  Any organization as large as them will have issues develope but those issues were compounded by multiple times by decisions forced on them

Comment

Comment

Ann Coulter has an article currently on Breitbart about the fall of the BSA.
                      She explains very well how they were forced to disguard their founding values by liberal lawsuits. Forced to accept leaders and kids they never would have accepted on their own.
                      Any organization as large as them will have issues develope but those issues were compounded by multiple times by decisions forced on them
                      The decisions weren’t forced on them. They cratered under the PC correct BS. They could have stood by their values, but didn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        The decisions weren’t forced on them. They cratered under the PC correct BS. They could have stood by their values, but didn’t.
                        Not that simple.
                        If you were being sued...you can stand your ground on the first one or two but eventually if the suits keep coming you have to hold your nose and make changes or fail. I dont think for a min. the BSA would make the same decisions if they were not being forced to do so. Say they stood their ground, they would still be in collapse today because of the need to constantly defend themselves from different types of law suits.

Comment

Read the article

Comment

I have a 5 year old that i planned on putting in the boy scouts. Not for a watered down skill lessons, but to make friends and engage in teams manship.
                            What is a good alternative at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              I have a 5 year old that i planned on putting in the boy scouts. Not for a watered down skill lessons, but to make friends and engage in teams manship.
                              What is a good alternative at this point?
                              Trail Life. Or just invite 5-6 kids and fathers over to your house on a weekly basis with a life skill lesson to be taught

I’d say Royal Ambassadors, but frankly they are tone deaf and have failed to remain relevant.

Comment

Working...
                              X