Bandera aging help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandera aging help please

Ok 3 bucks to help age please. Low fence baby!!! Just letting them grow and being smart with which ones to whack.

Buck #1
    Just showed up last month and we have him at around 4.5 year old but would like some help. He’s a 10 pt. with a kicker on his right.

Buck #2
    We have a few years history on this old 8 pt. and have him at around 6.5 year old.

Buck #3
    We have him at about 3.5 year old 8 point with some kickers starting.

Buck #4 - for fun
    Is deer 100 in deer years or what!? Lol

Droptine buck I shot Nov 1st with my bow and was aged at 6.5 by TP&W when I took him in voluntarily for CWD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck #1 again. Just realized I had left out full body shots!

Comment

I put him at a solid, indisputable 1.69 years old

Comment

Originally posted by monkeypants03 View Post
        I put him at a solid, indisputable 1.69 years old

Do you mean 1.69” donger?

Comment

Yes you are correct 1.69 foot donger is what I meant...**** auto correct

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Here is what I came up with. Seem to look right??

Comment

You got some good deer. Top pics=mature, the last two are young. No age sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    You got some good deer. Top pics=mature, the last two are young. No age sorry.

Thanks!!

Comment

Kinda confused, seems like you have history and ages already? Not sure your question but nice deer

Comment

Originally posted by trash2 View Post
                        Kinda confused, seems like you have history and ages already? Not sure your question but nice deer

Those ages are my guesses? We have only seen these deer the last 2 years and I’m not 100% sure if the 10 point from last year is that beast this year. I’m trying to figure out whack or walk actually solely on age but the 2 nice deer comments make me say ok let’s shoot and eat them and then find out their ages. Hope we see them next year in person.

It’s a lot easier to get trail cam photos and much harder to hunt. As you know I am sure!

Comment

Im by no means am an age expert or even a guesser. But I will say that #1 is a beautiful lookin deer. And by the looks of the pictures he still has a nice muscle tone in his legs and neck, he don't look too pot bellied and his back looks strong. I don't know what age a deer starts going down hill but I would say that guy is still in his prime, I would pass on him and let him mount as many does as possible. He's got great build and horns to go with it, I would want his sons and grandsons running around for the next 10 years or so. For me personally bucks #2 & #4 would be on the list for next year and I would focus on building a pattern on them, take them out before the does come in and leave the ladies for #1 & young up and comer #3.

Comment

Originally posted by M.LUNA View Post
                            Im by no means am an age expert or even a guesser. But I will say that #1 is a beautiful lookin deer. And by the looks of the pictures he still has a nice muscle tone in his legs and neck, he don't look too pot bellied and his back looks strong. I don't know what age a deer starts going down hill but I would say that guy is still in his prime, I would pass on him and let him mount as many does as possible. He's got great build and horns to go with it, I would want his sons and grandsons running around for the next 10 years or so. For me personally bucks #2 & #4 would be on the list for next year and I would focus on building a pattern on them, take them out before the does come in and leave the ladies for #1 & young up and comer #3.

I 100% agree but needed someone to tell me that! Thank you!

Comment

M.Luna Your on top of your game and you know more about it than most..
                              Aggie bowtech ,, My hat is off to you sir. Your doing something right, low fence in Bandera
                              Didnt know deer got that old around there.

Comment

Working...
                              X