• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, nice mass!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Dang nice buck. Congratulations on your season!

Comment

Here is the story . The buck hadn’t been on camera in over a month and he was only on camera just a few times . And only once in daylight.I figured he must of got taken by the neighbors during the rifle season Because heard a lot of shots in the direction I figured he was coming from . So I always try to hunt this certain stand if the wind has any East to it it just is a spot your not going to see many deer at but you have the chance to see a cruiser come through it that’s never been seen at all . Are one that’s just passes through there every once in awhile. We hadn’t really had much showing up any where else that caught my eye so I said we got a southeast wind I’m running back to the stand we call Hawk it is 5.5 miles from camp takes 15 minutes to get to it on a terrible road at the very corner of the ranch . So Friday evening I’m setting there have two doe and a spike under my feeder . The deer jerk the heads up and look straight to the east of the blind . Boom a dang giant buck walks out of the brush and it was a buck never seen before had bright white horns long swooping twos and threes with a kicker but had a broken brow I was getting buck fever just watching him set out at about 100 yards just staring at the feeder and other deer . He stood there for about 20 minutes and finally made his way across the draw but I lost sight of him and by this time it is getting dark finally I said well I guess he isn’t coming in so I was packing up boom he steps out but was way weary of that feeder . He is standing there at 35 yards but by that time it was to dark to shoot him I couldn’t get a clear look through my peep so I had to let him walk . It ate me up the rest of the evening. So fast forward to Saturday evening.I go back to hawk hoping to get a crack at the buck I had saw the night before feeder spins off nothing for about 3O min finally the Two doe I saw the night before come in at about 5 . And at 5:20 the small doe jerks her head up and takes off running like they do when a buck is coming behind them boom . The buck that we hadn’t seen on camera since November 22nd steps out and he looks even bigger with my own eyes . He runs over to scent check that doe and walks over to the feeder but behind it takes a few bites of corn turns around a walks off and just like that he was gone . I’m thinking dang he is gone for good does go back to eating and about 10 minutes later he walks back out but with no good shot . Finally he gives me a great opportunity to draw on him I go to draw and my bicep like had a hitch are something in it I get halfway back and my bow pops right back down because of my bicep . He kinda spooks but settles down so I finally get drawn on him and he turns and faces me at full draw I’m holding with a cramped up bicep and a buck facing me with no shot he finally turn but when he turns he steps right where is vitals are blocked by the feeder I’m holding holding finally he comes across on the other side of the feeder and when he did that the doe stepped between me and him I’m still full draw and am about to have to let it down and about that time the doe clears I’m set and release the arrow boom it hit its mark I see his horns disappear I new he was done after about 50 yards . I didn’t notice he was broken at the end of his beam just in front of his g4 which was broken with the beam . The beam that wasn’t broken was 24 2/8 and the broken one was only 18 6/8 the none broken off g4 was 4 2/8 so I figured he had broken oof around 10” of horn . He scored 156 6/8 as is . Dang what a great season after the lost of my Dad . Mom ,Dad And God definitely sent me a blessing from heaven. Love and miss y’all . And thank y’all for the greatest deer season a person can have . [IMG]https:/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191222/cfbb76dfd9f0d9ea390ac466c782b0e0.jpg[/IMG] Fourd county giant 160 And old Oklahoma 156” busted up bruiser . Bow hunting is the life .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck of a year. Congrats

Comment

Magnum.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                Magnum.

Eldorado area

Comment

Awesome buck and write up!

Comment

The beam that wasn’t broken was 24 2/8 and the broken one was only 18 6/8 the none broken off g4 was 4 2/8 so I figured he had broken oof around 10” of horn . He scored 156 6/8 as is . Dang what a great season after the lost of my Dad . Mom ,Dad And God definitely sent me a blessing from heaven. Love and miss y’all . And thank y’all for the greatest deer season a person can have . [IMG]https:/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191222/cfbb76dfd9f0d9ea390ac466c782b0e0.jpg[/IMG] Fourd county giant 160 And old Oklahoma 156” busted up bruiser [/QUOTE]

The g4 on the now broken off left side looks more like 7-8” in the Sept trail cam photo. Scares gross Boon & Crockett to me.

Comment

Man, that’s awesome. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by DimmitCo View Post
                        The beam that wasn’t broken was 24 2/8 and the broken one was only 18 6/8 the none broken off g4 was 4 2/8 so I figured he had broken oof around 10” of horn . He scored 156 6/8 as is . Dang what a great season after the lost of my Dad . Mom ,Dad And God definitely sent me a blessing from heaven. Love and miss y’all . And thank y’all for the greatest deer season a person can have . [IMG]https:/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191222/cfbb76dfd9f0d9ea390ac466c782b0e0.jpg[/IMG] Fourd county giant 160 And old Oklahoma 156” busted up bruiser
                        The g4 on the now broken off left side looks more like 7-8” in the Sept trail cam photo. Scares gross Boon & Crockett to me.[/QUOTE]

That top picture is the Texas buck I killed last week end . And it was 7” 4 . This one was probably only about 3

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            The g4 on the now broken off left side looks more like 7-8” in the Sept trail cam photo. Scares gross Boon & Crockett to me.

That top picture is the Texas buck I killed last week end . And it was 7” 4 . This one was probably only about 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

He was. Chipped up on most of his tines though so no telling what he was coming out of velvet.

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
                              Awesome buck and write up!

Thank you sir

Comment

Absolute unit, congrats bud

Comment

Working...
                                X