Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate to ask this ..... 270 Win vs 30.06?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to ask this ..... 270 Win vs 30.06?

I have currently sold a couple of guns to be able to buy one very nice accurate hunting rifle. I have other hunting rifles but I want the one go to gun I’m confident in when it’s time to go on a hunt. It will be mainly for whitetail, mulies, axis and hogs. I’m leaning towards a 30.06 because that is what I am used too. Just about everyone I run with shoot the 270 win. I know this is going to open a can of worms but I’m just curios what everyone’s thoughts are on this very debated subject. There may be a possibility for a elk hunt in the near future but won’t be something I hunt a lot.

Always been a 270 fan, myself.

Comment

30/06 and don’t look back

Comment

Nothing wrong with the .06 at all one of my very favorites. Look into a .280 or 280ai great round flat shooting.

Comment

I’d jump to a 7 mag and call it good. But any should be good for what you are trying to do.

Comment

This is most certainly a thread that will never come to consensus. If I had to (had key word) to choose between the two based on the animals mentioned, I would choose .270. However, part of the excitement in buying a new rifle is researching brand and caliber. There are so many modern options that you would be thrilled with. You can research “the other side of the ranch”.

Comment

I have both and prefer to shoot the 30.06.

Comment

What are your practical hinting distances?

The 280-280ai May be worth looking at. No matter what you do they will all kill just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothin wrong with either caliber. As stated above, 280 is another great choice based off the 06 case. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Comment

270 is a flatter shooting gun especially with 140 grain

Comment

Either, but I lean towards the 270.

Comment

I will look in to the 280. Realistically I will be shooting inside of 300. Most of the time it will be around 100-150.

Comment

7mm

Comment

For those animals I'd pick the 270

Comment

Just reading 30-06 bores me.

I dont know how we ever killed deer before wildcat and boutique chamberings

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X