Trailer tire recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new tires on my two horse gooseneck trailer. Got Power King 225/75R/15 D on there now and noticed some tread separations. What do y’all recommend. We load it up pretty good for the 1200 mile trip south for the winter.

I went Carlisle (I believe) as my last....have had great luck.

Comment

Power Kings suck in a 225. I’ve probably had 30 separate on my work trailers. I don’t understand what it is since the 205s do great.

Comment

If’n you do a lot of miles, youtube Boar wheels.

Expensive, but beats sitting on the side of a desolate hi way for hours.

Comment

I put on what ever I take off my truck. Been working fine for 60 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
            I put on what ever I take off my truck. Been working fine for 60 years.
            Not many of us still drive trucks with 15 or 16 inch wheels.

Ive has good luck with gladiators and a few others I’ve been getting the heavier ply. Try to find a 10-12 ply. I just bought some for our cattle trailer the other day.

Comment

I dunno aboot horse trailers but on my boats I switched to Maxxis m8008 tires and never had a tire issue again. I'm in SA and go East couple hundred miles year round and West 180 miles in the fall **** near every weekend, put a lot of miles on them tires.

Comment

I started using 14 ply tires last week on my gooseneck - got them at Discount Tire.

They are some heavy suckers - I had to make a two stage lift to get the spare tire up on the neck of the trailer.

Comment

I switched my boat trailer tiers to Goodyear endurance. They are an 8ply tire and have been happy with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sell 225/75r15 10ply in a brand called eagle. $95 for new silver wheel and tire or $70/tire installed on your rim. Located in Bryan.

Comment

Buy whatever in made in USA.....those china tires with throw the rubber off @ 75mph and fugg all your stuff up!

I'm with Draco....I never had a problem running truck tires....ever.

Comment

E-Rated Michelin XPS Rib or LTX light truck tires. I do not use trailer tires any more. Period. Too many blowouts across all brands.

It's almost comical these days when I travel. We've actually started counting the number of rigs on the side of the road with blown trailer tires. I'm done playing that game. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                          E-Rated Michelin XPS Rib or LTX light truck tires. I do not use trailer tires any more. Period. Too many blowouts across all brands.

It's almost comical these days when I travel. We've actually started counting the number of rigs on the side of the road with blown trailer tires. I'm done playing that game. YMMV.

I have learned that most times that is a speed rating issue. Most trailer tires are only rated at 60mph or so and that doesn’t work well on long trips with 75mph speed limits.

Comment

Had a set of Carlisles on a trailer at work and they wore bald in ~5,000 miles...

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              I dunno aboot horse trailers but on my boats I switched to Maxxis m8008 tires and never had a tire issue again. I'm in SA and go East couple hundred miles year round and West 180 miles in the fall **** near every weekend, put a lot of miles on them tires.

This. Maxxis m8008 all the way. I also go up
                              In capacity one size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X