Counterfeit Zeiss and Leupold Rifle scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counterfeit Zeiss and Leupold Rifle scopes

Y'all do your investigative work when buying or trading for used Zeiss or Leupold scopes.

I got a Zeiss Conquest in a trade, I was told that it fogged up and took a long time to dry out. So, I sent it back to Zeiss and was quickly notified it was a fake. Zeiss shipped it back and sure enough they never made a 6-24 x 50. This fake was sold by a company on Ebay called Falcon Tactical Gear in 2018. I got 200.00 in it and I have it sitting on the mantle, so I can look at it everyday.

Leupold has a serial number on their scopes and you can call them and ask about the serial numbers. Mark 4 scopes are very popular to imitate.

Last edited by Radar; 01-10-2020, 09:40 PM.

lots of fakes on ebay...

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
      lots of fakes on ebay...
      Amazon is real bad as well.

Comment

That sucks, sorry freaking people! At least you didnt pay full price for it.

Its getting pretty ridiculous. There are a bunch of fake Sandvik carbide inserts ( metal machining inserts ) on ebay and Amazon now. Gotten to the point where I can only buy from trusted sources.

Comment

Good info thank you.

Comment

If you want to have more mantle decorations you can buy them new for around $60 from Chinese Shenzhen Gaode Trading Company. Terrible looking "fake" as it doesn't replicate anything. They should have followed the lead of RTIC and just flat out copied Yeti. :-)

That sucks, but at least you weren't burned worse than a couple hundred bucks on trade value.

Comment

I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

High end counterfeit golf clubs and Zeiss binos out there too.

Sorry you got burned but thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I’ve seen those counterfeits on eBay before. The two clues are an adjustable objective which I’ve never seen on a Zeiss, and selling for $80.

If it’s too good to be true then it probably is.

Comment

Man that sucks. Thanks for the heads up though.

Comment

The fake Leupold scopes are coming in “factory sealed boxes“.

Comment

Good info stinks you got burned though.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I have a brick on my mantle [emoji1787]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol.

Comment

Yeap, my wife go burnt on a Larue mount a few years ago...Fake made in china .

Comment

Working...
                              X