Wilson county rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilson county rut

Anyone seeing heavy rut activity? When that first real cool front came through deer seen to be pushing doe but not in full rut yet. I usually see the bucks go crazy around 7, 8, 9,10. What are yalls thoughts that live in the area? think was there a early rut? Havent seen many doe only on the cam at night and a few decent bucks. Yesterday I had a buck come in with his nose down zig zagging through the field, dose this mean we are close? Weekend shows cooler temps and some rain

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Haven't seen any running does yet over here at the house.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
      Haven't seen any running does yet over here at the house.
      What time you usually see them starting? Been hunting hard with my son and wife trying to get them on a deer. very slow activity, one small buck yesterday didnt eat just checked feeder and moved on

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Usually if we get a good cold snap around mid Nov they will start chasing. I usually always see peak rut when I’m seeing bucks never seen before traveling looking for does the first wk of December.

Comment

I hunt the Wilson County/Atascosa county line and normally our peak rut is around Thanksgiving or so. With these cold snaps it might come a little earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
              I hunt the Wilson County/Atascosa county line and normally our peak rut is around Thanksgiving or so. With these cold snaps it might come a little earlier this year.
              We need some cold weather hopefully this weekend will kick something off

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
                We need some cold weather hopefully this weekend will kick something off

Well just got out the stand with the wife we had a tiny 1.5 year old come out halfway through the hunt, then right before light went away we see one more buck that was legal but young then big boy coming rite behind that buck!!! He made a scrape 60 yards out and keep on after the first buck! Well maybe tomorrow

Comment

Two weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Two weeks ago.
                    When the first cold snaps came through I did see alot of movement but nothing compared to that I've seen years past. Two weeks ago in nixon sounds about rite not sure about
                    la vernia. Usually around here things ramp up in the 7th on up but havent seen it yet

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Two weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        Has big push came and gone?

Comment

They have been chasing hard, Monday morning bucks running through neighborhoods almost getting run over, full on dogging the does. But, went from 20 deer a day at my place to none....2 days nobody has eaten corn, crazy, where did they all go, even the does just disappeared!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            Shot this buck on the 17th, didnt seem like he was in full rut yet he was pushed a doe but like I said nothing like I've seen years past. Trying to get the wife and son on a buck well just have to wait and see what the rest of this week and weekend might bring huh.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                              They have been chasing hard, Monday morning bucks running through neighborhoods almost getting run over, full on dogging the does. But, went from 20 deer a day at my place to none....2 days nobody has eaten corn, crazy, where did they all go, even the does just disappeared!
                              Same here havent seen no doe in like 3 or 4 days

Comment

Working...
                              X