Removing cactus from pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing cactus from pants

I recently purchased some used pants. After arriving they were washed and stored with my other cold weather items. This past week my dad and I broke them out to go shoot some early morning pigeons. Shortly after putting a pair of pants on I ended up with a cactus spines in my heel. We pulled it out thinking it was a fluke but immediately got a 2nd in my other foot. This one we had to cut out due to it breaking off while trying to remove.

While hunting I ended up with 2 more in my leg beside my knee. These are the thick insulated pants. Is there a process to remove or dissolve the spines?

Re sell them.

Comment

Yes, continue to wear until all cactus spines are in your skin instead of in the pants then pull with tweezers... [emoji3]

Comment

In regular weight pants I used duct tape with some success to get the smaller red colored cactus spines to get most of them out, but had to get a pair of tweezers for the bigger ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
          In regular weight pants I used duct tape with some success to get the smaller red colored cactus spines to get most of them out, but had to get a pair of tweezers for the bigger ones.
          This here...gorilla tape works about the best we have seen. Won’t get them all out, but helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
            Yes, continue to wear until all cactus spines are in your skin instead of in the pants then pull with tweezers... [emoji3]
            And then beat the hell out of the previous owner.

Comment

Wash with long John's, socks, and underwear. They will eventually work their way out.
              Last edited by Whampuscat2; 01-04-2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Put in the dryer with some tennis shoes on cool for an hour.

Comment

I had a bunch in my Jean's not to long ago I took them off and threw them in the bed of the truck and they rode a couple hundred miles. I'm guessing the wind took them out

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                    Put in the dryer with some tennis shoes on cool for an hour.
                    Do not do this if you are married, especially if your wife dries her clothes next.

Comment

Disposable razor....just go nice and slow. Pulls the spines right out. Does the same on your skin.

Comment

Cactus Doe

Used duck tape to get them out of me after this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dawn's cactus doe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	24604179

Comment

Try all of the above, myself it depends on the cactus of origin, pricklypear isn't much of a problem they'll work out fairly quick. If it's from tasajilla I just toss and start over, them things never go away!

Comment

Throw them in the trash and go buy some new pants???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bdub25 View Post
                              throw them in the trash and go buy some new pants???

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                              what he said!

Comment

Working...
                              X