2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    This pig just showed up for the first time on game camera. Jeez.
    That would be one I would want to get he is a toad for sure. I hunt the Miller Creek area and it's killing me not to be there this weekend.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      This pig just showed up for the first time on game camera. Jeez.
      Nice buck Mike. I think I passed you two Sundays ago south of Decatur. You were headed home and I was headed to the lease. Recongnized your camo tiger striped Beast !

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
        Nice buck Mike. I think I passed you two Sundays ago south of Decatur. You were headed home and I was headed to the lease. Recongnized your camo tiger striped Beast !
        That would've been me. I've got to miss this weekend. Going back the day after Christmas. If you're going to be up there next week, maybe we could meet for lunch one day. Would love to meet you.

Side note: I was showing some pictures of Wilbarger County deer to my brother that lives in Brady. He guides on a high fenced placed out by Lohn. He was shocked at the size of the bodies. I mean shocked. Good times.
        Last edited by mikemorvan; 12-17-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Been a slow year

We are struggling on seeing any big deer. Numbers are way down for doe too. I have seen 4 mature deer this year. This is the latest. Been fun as usual. Lots of good times with friends for sure. Makes up for the lack of deer so far.
          Attached Files

Comment

Same here Dave🙄I can count on one hand how many shooters (150 plus) I have seen or on g cam😟We are missing our 6 through 8 yr old class but lots of up and comers.😀

Comment

Same here Dave��I can count on one hand how many shooters (150 plus) I have seen or on g cam��We are missing our 6 through 8 yr old class but lots of up and comers.��Holy double post��

Comment

How’s deer movement around montague county looking? Headed up now for a bow hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any Baylor/ Archer county reports

Comment

Just drove up to Vernon this afternoon. My guess is that half of Wilbarger County is under water. I don't think i've ever seen so much water up here. I think part of Hwy 287 between Iowa Park and Electra may have gotten under water just after i passed through that area.

I'm not even going to bother trying to go out in the morning. If i go out tomorrow afternoon i'll probably have to walk to one set up or another. Jeez.

Comment

I am heading out tomorrow afternoon. I am in good shape as far as getting to and around my place in the mud, but dang I hate dealing with it. Probably just sit by the far and drink some brown water.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        Probably just sit by the far and drink some brown water.
                        I don’t know you but figure we could get a long pretty well.

Looks like my season is over for Jack County. Likely won’t be back out until February or March. Good luck to everyone else still hunting out there.

Comment

my neighbor in Archer county that lives on the blacktop where we turn on the gravel road sent me a picture of the gravel road under water. And thats the high part. it gets lower before getting higher to go to my gate. And I was still muddy last week before this round of rain.

Comment

Me and my grandson got the mule stuck last weekend in a creek.At 2 oclock I heard we had gotten 4 inches of rain already. It's been a strange year in our area to say the least! Weather with early summer drought. Fall rains for a month. Green worms and late planting. No mature deer. Few doe being see. We have shot 5 cull bucks this year. Talking with a lease member he said, maybe its a good thing weve only shot 5 bucks. I never thought of it as a positive thing till then. My grandson got his first Javi last week. Lots of great memories.Pics weont load with the storms here tonight.

Comment

Farmlogs says we got 1.6” but there is water everywhere. The Brazos (west of Graham) looks like there’s 20 feet of new water from when I crossed it on Tuesday.

Hopefully this nice weather gets them up and something slips up

Comment

Another one of the kids got an older cull buck. The bent main beam buck.
                                Congrats Ryan.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X