Arborists/ tree experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arborists/ tree experts

Live oak trunk is splitting, this is the largest area there’s more closer to the base. Some small bugs came out once I started moving the bark. What treatment can I do for my oak?
    Attached Files

I know there’s one tree expert on here can’t remember username

Comment

Shoot me some more pics with greater detail. That looks like a wound and the tree has been healing but can’t tell from the pic. Unless that tree was planted this winter, take off the support wire/s. Also send me a picture of the entire tree.

832-six5one-9686

Comment

Thanks will send more pics tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Shoot me some more pics with greater detail. That looks like a wound and the tree has been healing but can’t tell from the pic. Unless that tree was planted this winter, take off the support wire/s. Also send me a picture of the entire tree.

832-six5one-9686
          either a wound or it cracked open from sun scald, then bugs invade it.
          How old is it?
          Better pics would help.

Comment

Planted it October 2020 from a 50 gallon container its about 10-12ft tall now. Had beetles sucking the sap last year further down the trunk none this year. It survived the big freeze but definitely set it back some

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
              Planted it October 2020 from a 50 gallon container its about 10-12ft tall now. Had beetles sucking the sap last year further down the trunk none this year. It survived the big freeze but definitely set it back some
              got it.
              Are there any signs of it healing under the loose bark? Should be able to see it trying to close over the bare wood. Has been my experience the loose bark just holds the bugs in. I'm no arborist or expert here but I've always removed the loose bark(its doing no good anyway) and then wrap the wounds in burlap or something breathable and doesn't hold moisture on it too long.

Comment

Working...
              X