2020 kansas GIANT home. 190"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 kansas GIANT home. 190"

He's finally home. Super happy with the mount. Hard to get a good idea of his size, so I hung my next best (170) by him for comparison. This deer was big, (body). 55ish lbs heavier than our biggest before him. 274lbs on the hoof according to our scale. With that said, I've heard of bigger, just haven't seen it. Taxidermist said they had to pour a custom mold for him. [emoji15]. I cooked a couple shoulder roasts at work the other day, one from him and one from a mature doe. You can see the blade difference in last pic.
    Live thread https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LivinADream; 03-31-2022, 04:09 AM.

He's a beast!!

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That is a really nice mount! Congratulations

Comment

Heavy Duty Beauty congrats

Comment

Big boy!

Comment

Nice, very nice. Anything that makes a 170" look small is BIG. Congratulations.

Did you happen to get a "rack" weight on him? That would be gutted, skinned, head removed and all legs cut off at the knees. This would be the carcass at a processor, or known as hanging weight. I shot one that I couldn't weigh in the field, but did get a rack weight from the processor. Trying to scale his on the hoof weight.

Again, congratulations.
              Last edited by Dbap; 03-31-2022, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Nothing like a big frame typical deer. Very impressive next to the other deer

Comment

Great mount and deer. He dwarfs that 170”.

Comment

awesome deer and mount. Gotta love that payoff moment when he's finally on the wall! Congrats!

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbap View Post
                        Nice, very nice. Anything that makes a 170" look small is BIG. Congratulations.

Did you happen to get a "rack" weight on him? That would be gutted, skinned, head removed and all legs cut off at the knees. This would be the carcass at a processor, or known as hanging weight. I shot one that I couldn't weigh in the field, but did get a rack weight from the processor. Trying to scale his on the hoof weight.

Again, congratulations.
                        No I didn't, live weight was all I got. Was too wound up to think about much. Hell I don't even have a picture of him with my bow in it. I was all giddy like a little school girl.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

That coke can picture gets me every time.

Comment

The front-on view of that buck is awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What a beast!! Those Midwest bucks are something special

Comment

Working...
                              X