Heart Attack @ 53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart Attack @ 53

I had a massive heart attack two weeks ago on Thursday 2.10.2022. I was at the office and had just sat at my desk and felt a severe tightness in my chest but it passed quickly. I had a tightness the night before (came and went quickly) and I convinced my wife that it was nothing, so she made me promise to call my Dr the next morning. (I had actually been having symptoms for about two weeks prior, mostly quick little instances of tightness or nausea, stomach upset. I really thought it was just having not eaten, indigestion etc.) Then another wave hit me pretty hard at my office. I called and texted my Dr., I shut down my computer and headed to my car. I was thinking I would head to either my Dr or to the ER. As I got about 100 yds down the street another wave hit me real hard and at the same time my Dr (who is a buddy of mine) called me back. He said to get to the ER immediately. He called ahead so they were expecting me when I stumbled through the doors of Memorial Herman on I-10 and Gessner. The pressure in my chest was the most excruciating thing I have ever felt and it didn't stop. I would have burst into tears but I couldn't. They diagnosed me quickly and rushed me in to triage. They got me prepped and then the Dr came in and said they had an issue since all the OR’s (cath labs) were being used. He said they were looking to life flight me to the medical center. They discussed it and then he told my wife they were not going to try that, he was afraid I wouldn’t make it. Somehow, someway they got a room open and rushed me in. I had 100% blockage in my right artery and 85% in my LAD (the widow maker). They stented the right one immediately and other than the soreness in my chest from the attack, and feeling like I had been steam rolled by a dump truck, I felt good. I spent a day in the ICU and a day on the cardiac floor then home to rest. I just got the second one done last Friday 2.25.2022. I feel pretty darn good considering. Just a bit lethargic. Dr said damage was minimal and that I’ll get it back in time. I’m lucky to be alive despite the warning signs I ignored. The strange thing to me is I have no family history of heart issues, I had a full physical a year ago and all was good. Always had a good heart and cholesterol, work out 3x per week, non smoker, drink very little. I am definitely no vegan triathlete but I am not unhealthy either. Thankful I was not at the ranch or somewhere remote.

Bottom-line, listen to your body and don't ignore the symptoms. We are never too busy to take care of something like this. I had worked out on Tuesday and Wednesday prior to my attack on Thursday and knew I didn't feel right. I told my trainer that something was off, I had no gas in my tank those days.

glad you are better. Scary to hear this!!

Comment

Wow glad your ok !

Comment

Glad you made it through that! Scary stuff.

Comment

Wow glad you are doing good scary stuff!

Comment

Glad you made it! Prayers for complete healing.

Comment

Scary stuff, glad you did the right thing and got medical attention!

Comment

glad you are ok man, scary stuff for sure.

Comment

Wow, I am glad you are doing okay now. Definitely a wake up call.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you survived. And with minimal damage. It's good when someone can listen to their body. Hope you recover fully, sir.

Comment

Glad your alright. Lost my neighbor a few years ago with a similar story. Turns out he felt bad, including stomach issues, for a couple weeks prior.

Comment

Scary stuff. Glad you got help in time.

Comment

Wow, a couple of minutes later….

Awesome that you made the timely decision when it counted. Thank God for skilled doctors.

A pretty good outcome considering.. and yes, good advice, why second guess?

Comment

Dang Lance....Glad you are ok. That's some scary stuff right there....especially since I'm 52.5...:eek

Hope all continues well.

Comment

Glad you're ok! Wow!

Comment

Working...
                              X