Little Man Got It Done!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Man Got It Done!!!

My 6 year old finally got it done this weekend with his 1st kill. He has hunted hard this year at the lease to get his "Boar Hog" as he likes to say. We got in the blind Saturday morning and were watching deer when this guy walks out. Cooper got really excited and turned to me saying daddy look there is a hog a little to loud and he ran into the brush. My 15 year old was sitting with us and he said you scared him because you were to loud, my little guy was crushed. I told him to keep watching that I thought the pig would come back out. About 15 minutes later out comes the hog. We got him set up for the shot, but as he was looking thru the scope he said daddy I keep keep still I am shaking to much. With him sitting in my lap for the shot it may have been me shaking for him, I really wanted this to happen. I just told him to stay still and take a deep breath. The deer that were around finally cleared and gave him a broadside shot. I told to squeeze the trigger like we had been practicing and to shoot when he was ready. He said I am on him daddy and I said send it. I could tell it was a hit but the hog ran into the brush. My oldest son was sitting in a blind not to far away and immediately texted me saying that was a hit, because he heard the thump of the bullet hitting the hog. That made me stop questioning what I thought I saw. We loaded up in the jeep and went got my wife and other son to come with us for the recovery. We did not find any blood for about 20 yards then it was a decent blood trail that lead us right to the hog. You would have thought it was Christmas morning my little guy was so excited, the 1st thing he said was " Dad I am ready to shoot my buck now". I am pretty sure he is hooked like my older boys are but that is perfectly fine with me. I absolutely love hunting with my boys and making memories together, there is nothing better!!!
    Attached Files

Lol gotta get that pic framed, no doubt. Way to go, dad.

Comment

Good stuff! Yea he looks a little excited to me!

Comment

Heck yeah! Congrats this is awesome

Comment

That's a good one for sure. Congratulations to the hunter and dad for getting them involved.

Comment

Awesome dad!!! Congrats to the youngin’. That’s a good one for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great stuff.

Rwc

Comment

Awesome and congrats.

Comment

That’s awesome!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Yessir, he got it done!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

That's great. Congrats to him and you too Dad! I love kids in the woods.

Comment

Awesome! WTG, Lil' Man!

Comment

Great Stuff
                            Congratulations

Comment

Love it. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X