What did your recently built shop cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did your recently built shop cost?

I am interesting in building a shop soon, as I have long outgrown mine. I really have no idea what to expect to spend. If you have built a shop in the last year or so, please share dimensions, number of doors, construction method, and other relevant information as well as total cost.

My hard headed nature wants to build it myself but my lack of free time says letting someone else do it may be best. Interested in both price points.

Located about an hour east of dallas if relevant.

$45 a ft is what I'm hearing for ballpark with slab. Add a $100 ft for finish living area.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        $45 a ft is what I'm hearing for ballpark with slab. Add a $100 ft for finish living area.
        Are you saying add $100 a ft to the existing $45 a ft? So $145 ft for living area?

Comment

DIY job here in 2017. Cost was about $6,000, or $31ish per square foot. 12x12 "shop" with wood working tools, electric, and air conditioning. I found a very similar one with no electric and it would have been $15,000...tough shed iirc. I hope this helps...
          Attached Files

Comment

We have a 24x30x12 with a walk through door and two 10 foot roll up doors. We had purchased in July 2021. Here is our breakdown

Structure $15,000
            Concrete $3200
            Electrical $1800
            Plumbing (hot and cold only) $500

All in a little over $20k

Broke ground on our 1500 square ft 2 bedroom 2 bath Barndo this morning. It will be 30x50 with a 12x12 front porch and a 14x50 back porch. We are going with stained concrete throughout. My wife will have a cast iron claw foot tub in the master bath and I will have a walk in shower with no door. We will have our own closets. Open concept with a kitchen island. Our budget is $198k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I forgot we paid $3k to have the garage spray foamed. I will post and inside picture as soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                Are you saying add $100 a ft to the existing $45 a ft? So $145 ft for living area?
                If you use a GC and don't sub out yourself, yes $145/ft. Just as much as a stick built house these days.

Comment

We finished our wood framed shop this summer. the pad and roof are 30'x70' with the shop being 30'x50' and a 30'x20' porch. With concrete, building materials, roll out insulation, two 12x10 roll up doors, a 6x7 roll up, a walk through door, and gutters we were just under 45k. I had my friend who sprays foam insulation quote me the cost of just his material alone it was $6000 for four barrels of the stuff. As of now without electric ran we are right at $21.00 a sf. I was really pleased with the insulation last week when the temps were in the 20's, it was very comfortable inside with only the small roll up door open.

Comment

I had two shops built in May of '20. Both were weld up with roll in insulation and concrete slabs. 40x40x10 with a 20x40 gabled awning, with 2 12x10 roll up doors with openers, 1 4' walkthrough door and 2 windows. Paid $27 sq ft. 60x60x12 with 2 12x12 roll up doors and 1 4' walkthrough door. 6" slab with a 20x30x4 approach. Paid $23 sq ft. I was like you wanting to build myself but didn't have the time.
                    Last edited by Short Mag; 01-10-2022, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
                      We have a 24x30x12 with a walk through door and two 10 foot roll up doors. We had purchased in July 2021. Here is our breakdown

Structure $15,000
                      Concrete $3200
                      Electrical $1800
                      Plumbing (hot and cold only) $500

All in a little over $20k

Broke ground on our 1500 square ft 2 bedroom 2 bath Barndo this morning. It will be 30x50 with a 12x12 front porch and a 14x50 back porch. We are going with stained concrete throughout. My wife will have a cast iron claw foot tub in the master bath and I will have a walk in shower with no door. We will have our own closets. Open concept with a kitchen island. Our budget is $198k.

You only paid $4.44 per square foot for concrete. Can you give me the name of the person who poured the slab? I need them to come pour a slab for me.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                        You only paid $4.44 per square foot for concrete. Can you give me the name of the person who poured the slab? I need them to come pour a slab for me.
                        Yep. Good grief I paid $1800 to have my 7x7 front porch with two steps poured at my dallas house!

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post

Sorry I just seen this. I pm’d you his contact.

Comment

No sure recent enough
                            Late 2020.
                            2000 sq ft
                            Pad and Slab prepped for single bath plumbing $17,000

Metal welded up 14’ walls 4 windows, 3 walk in doors, two chain roll up doors
                            10’ x 40’ lean to on back. Small front porch and awning.
                            $34,000

Brown Co, TX

No build out

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
                              Sorry I just seen this. I pm’d you his contact.

Can I get his contact info as well? Im planning on starting on my shop very soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X